[FIXED] Sims will autonomously stop reading books before they're finished

by GothicSimmer

Original Post

[FIXED] Sims will autonomously stop reading books before they're finished

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have an issue with the Books, when they read a book (including Skill books), they tend to stop reading it although I haven't canceled the action. One example is that I had Rebecca read a skill book and she suddenly stops reading it. I had this occur with the regular books where the Sim will stop reading before it's finished and/or if it's time for Work.

I should note that there's nothing wrong with their Needs or Work hours which would cause them to stop reading, I also have no Mods/CC.

This makes the goal to Read 3 Books really difficult to do since the Sim will stop reading it. Likewise, this makes it hard to get Sims to build skills from the skill books because he or she will usually stop reading it.

I'm not sure what causes it but I think I might had this happen before the February update.

Message 1 of 22 (7,873 Views)

Re: Sims will autonomously stop reading books before they're finished

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (7,787 Views)

★ Guide

This one is literally driving me crazy.  I have to queue multiple times on the book and hover over the sim to get them to sit still and read it.

Message 3 of 22 (7,724 Views)

★ Guide

It appears that this issue is still present as of version 1.5/Get to Work. While the later milestones had their goals fixed, the first milestone still has issues with Sims stop reading books, even skill ones.

Message 4 of 22 (7,669 Views)

★★★ Novice

Very aggravating!

Message 5 of 22 (7,612 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue only mine would do it chat with a townie. Mind you I have all my sims as "puppets". They have no freewill to stop things on their own unless it's a need, fire, or needing to go to work. It's aggravating because I'm trying to level up my handiness high enough where they can tinker since things breaking is a rare occurrence in my game so I can't level it up that way.

Message 6 of 22 (7,557 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's annoying. Just read the book!

Message 7 of 22 (7,543 Views)

Hero

I believe this to still be present.

Can you confirm

@kaichen04 @GothicSimmer @Hiroko-sama @MeaganCH84 @mysticalmaid

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (7,338 Views)

★★★ Novice
Lord yes! I was just playing last night and it drives me crazy. It takes so long to finish a book because of it.
Message 9 of 22 (7,329 Views)

★ Guide

It still is, as annoying as ever. 

Message 10 of 22 (7,321 Views)