Re: Career outfit stays as old Career outfit.

by simvasion

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

I have exactly the same career outfit on possibly the same sim. In my game, J Huntington III has that outfit sometimes when going to work - BUT it isn't a career outfit from any career - I assumed it was just a leftover from when the game was bugged and saved that as his situational career outfit.

When I go into CAS modify career outfit cheat, I see the correct career outfit - but since they can only display one there, I wonder if the game has actually saved multiple and has a random chance to spin into either.

There's no way I can clear or erase the extra career outfit. It's the same with the other members of the Roomies household (they're premades).

But the fact that this person has the identical buggy outfit suggests that maybe those sims are created like this (like it's saved buggy in their premade templates), because there's no way the game can randomly generate exactly the same random combination by chance.

Message 31 of 53 (4,429 Views)

★★ Novice

The outfit for mine is completely different. I'm just going to take your advice and accept it as a bug. Capture.JPG

Message 32 of 53 (4,424 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

I hadn't posted a picture of the same sim in the thread. But here it is:

randomwork.jpg

My sim is in the e-Sports branch of the tech guru career, so his real work clothes are meant to look like this:

realwork.jpg

The real outfit shows up when I try to modify career outfit in CAS. But he has a random 50/50 chance of spinning into either the real outfit or the random outfit whenever he goes to work, as if it's saved to his character as an alternate slot career outfit.

EDIT TO ADD: J Huntington III is a premade sim that starts in the Tech Guru career - so my version has never changed careers before. The random outfit is not a previous career outfit, it just exists somehow.

Message 33 of 53 (4,406 Views)

Hero

@Vealent 

Guess it's this issue then. I merged the threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 53 (4,392 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [GTW] Sims are wearing wrong outfits career

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue only my sims in the journalism branch of the writer career keeps going to work in a hospital gown!

Message 35 of 53 (4,300 Views)

Re: Hospital gown for work

Hero

Hi @Carlieseuss 

moved your post over to a more appropriate thread as the other was only about the science issue which is fixed.

Is it only the work outfit that's wrong ?

Try changing the work outfit with this cheat: 

1. Open the cheat console
  2. Write. sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas (make sure the Sim with the issue is selected)
  3. Enter CAS 

The career outfits should then be visible so you can change it to something else.

Let me know if it doesn't work that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 53 (4,285 Views)

Re: Hospital gown for work

★ Apprentice

I have a mermaid sim in the military career who wears the proper hat for her rank, but wears her everyday shirt and shoes with a random bottom (sometimes a skirt, sometimes pants) to work. When this sim is promoted, she will come home in the proper uniform, but will not continue to wear it on subsequent days. When I used the cheat code sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas, the last outfit my sim had worn to work (officer's hat, basketball jersey, jeans, converse all-stars) was displayed.

Three other sims in the household have jobs with work-specific outfits, and they all go to work properly dressed. One is a vampire,and the other two are non-occult.

Earlier in the same household, another mermaid sim was in the conservationist career, and wore random outfits when sent to work. I was not aware of what the proper outfit should be for a conservationist, so I never investigated the issue.

Message 37 of 53 (4,197 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims wear random clothes when they work

★ Guide
@crinrictAlwaysgoodmood My sims are getting randomised work outfits too.
Message 38 of 53 (4,153 Views)

Wrong Clothes for Science Career

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to work as a scientist.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim goes to work as a scientist they wear the wrong clothes. For me it seems to be the same clothes every time, it's clothes from the fast-food part-time job.
What do you expect to see? That the sim wears the scientist clothes in the science career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims in the science career wear the wrong clothes. It only happens to the played sim, they wear the fast-food part-time job uniform. I think the sim who started it had the fast-food job before becoming a scientist, but I'm not sure.

Message 39 of 53 (4,158 Views)

Re: Wrong Clothes for Science Career

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Which level are you at ?

Could you test if it stops happening if you edit the career outfit with this cheat: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas (make sure the faulty SIm is active)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 53 (4,151 Views)