Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

by GengarUsedLick

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Quick update; if you place sprinklers they do water the plants, just upgrade them to make sure they are unbreakable.

Message 21 of 38 (1,068 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Spliced plants don't show plant

Hero

@naturalaegyo wrote:

I'm still having this issue. In square and circle planters indoors. It got better after the update, but it's still happening.

Thanks for your save. Can duplicate on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 38 (1,053 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

★★ Novice

How do I share saves? Also would you need my mods as well? 

My game is up to date on all updates.

Message 23 of 38 (1,019 Views)

★★ Novice

I don’t have seasons, so no sprinklers.

Message 24 of 38 (1,016 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

Hero

@Ookami5000 wrote:

How do I share saves? Also would you need my mods as well? 

My game is up to date on all updates.

No mods. You should also test on save with no mods.

Instructions for sharing here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 38 (1,013 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

★★ Novice

This has been happening to me too, though in a different way. My level 8 gardener (not level 1), of whom is also pregnant if that's relevant, will water a plant repeatedly. She won't move to another plant, instead she'll water a single plant without end. It's a cycle that repeats every few seconds, her taking out her watering can for a moment, putting it away, and starting again. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens often enough to become a frustration. Not sure if these two issues are related, but they seem like they could be? I don't know. Thought I should mention it.

Message 26 of 38 (984 Views)

Hero

HI @FuntionalFiction

would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 38 (968 Views)

★★ Guide

Same problem here. I have all of my plants in planters, so you'd think the spacing wouldn't be an issue. I even have the planters spaced out quite a bit, and I sold the plants that were giving me trouble, but my Sim will immediately find new ones to glitch out on and water infinitely. :/

Message 28 of 38 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It is SO ANNOYING. My lvl 10 gardener can't even take care of her own plants anymore, so I bought the scarecrow. It worked for a while but eventually he broke too. So I hired a gardener, she broke IMMEDIATELY, so i fired her. Now i have my sims sister water the plants but it's just a matter of time before she breaks too. How many sims does it take to water a plant? A whole family it seem.

Message 29 of 38 (923 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am experiencing the same problems on a public lot - fingers crossed that it won't affect my home lot. I only discovered this problem yesterday when I started to build a greenhouse on a generic lot. Sims would 'fixate' and get stuck tending to the same plant to the point that the other plants dry and wither. The plants are in the large planters, and my sims are level 10 gardeners - both are in the gardening career, if that matters.

Message 30 of 38 (866 Views)