Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Seasons Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs, and SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a level 1 gardener to plant some new plants and try to water them
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim goes back and forth watering the same two plants over and over.
What do you expect to see? Water once, then the option should be grayed out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6/19 patch. Tried repairing game and tried a new save, both did not work.

Message 1 of 38 (5,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims water the same plants repeatedly

Hero

• Directing a Sim to water plants in a garden will no longer cause the Sim to fixate on watering the same plants over and over again, but instead will share the H2O with every plant that’s in need.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 38 (3,862 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

Hero
Thanks for the report.

From what I've gathered through twitter, this is happening at level 1 only.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (5,346 Views)

★★ Novice

My sim is still doing this at level 3 and 4

Message 3 of 38 (5,324 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I've noticed this as well, but only with plants that have a smaller object "footprint" and if they are close together. After spacing the plants out, the sim had no problem watering them.
Message 4 of 38 (5,300 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Same here, except my sim's level went from 4 to 5 and she was performing the 'harvest all" (and sell) action. She started at one and then looped between 2 trees. Captured it on video (if needed).
Also, hired a gardener to come over, and he watered the same plant over and over again. Price changed because of this, too. Normally, the cost is about 130 simoleons, and it was double that (probably because of time spent? Not sure, I was watching him, not the time). IDK his skill level.
Message 5 of 38 (5,215 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine are at level 7 and 10 and they're spraying for bugs endlessly as well as watering, and so is my hired gardener. I'm paying him hundreds of dollars a day to spray one plant for 8 hours. If I go to build mode and move the plant, it's suddenly fine but then when the sims get to the next buggy or dry plant it starts all over again.

Message 6 of 38 (5,205 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Can those with the issue spread the plants out with a one grid space separation rather than half grid and see if that makes a difference?

As I mentioned above, my sim stopped trying to water plants constantly after I spread them out and not tightly packed together.
Message 7 of 38 (5,203 Views)

Watering Plants does not work

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant vegetables indoors in planters
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants grow and have option to water, watering does not actually water plants it eternally cycles.
What do you expect to see? Select water on dried plant and plant is then watered.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sims 4 patch from 6/19

Plants not watering properly

Message 8 of 38 (5,208 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually, I can no longer put my plants close together. The game won't let me. When moving my plants apart trying to get it to stop glitching it just refused - each plant takes up 4 grid squares which means I have a lot less space on my lot. And no, it doesn't help. My sim will walk from a planter box a few squares over to a plant with nothing around it and back to the planter box in an endless loop when trying to tend the garden. The hired gardener will, too.

That said, it's happening less than it was at first (without making any changes) but it still kicks in randomly and I have to keep a close eye on the garden and my sims and the gardener. My sim almost tended the garden completely without hitting the bug, but ended up doing the thing before she was done.

Message 9 of 38 (5,108 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 38 (5,090 Views)