Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims turn head after exiting First Person Camera Mode

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Perfect Patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try entering the first person perspective, looking in any direction ( It's most noticeable when you look to your left/right)
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon exiting the first person perspective, my sims head is always turned the direction I left the first person camera position facing in.
What do you expect to see? My sims head turning animations to return to normal after exiting first person.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This only happens with the new 1.47.49 due to being directly tied to the new first person camera. ‌

Message 1 of 18 (2,930 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims turn head after exiting First Person Camera Mode

Hero

Exiting first person camera will no longer cause a Sims head to become stuck facing one direction.
  • Many others however are still stuck facing One Direction.

Fixed in Patch 1.48.90

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,631 Views)

All Replies

Re: [WORKAROUND/A] First Person mode is blocked by teeth / skull / hair

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm having a slightly different issue with the POV mode. It works fine but I have a strange after effect where when I return to normal camera mode my Sims heads are all turned to the right on their shoulders... like they're constantly looking away from each other. They don't align properly when they kiss! If I save, come out of the game and then reload they are all back to normal again. It happens every time I use POV mode. Other than that it works fine. Is this a known bug or just something wrong in my game?

Message 2 of 18 (2,813 Views)

Hero

Hi @silsetto007

moved your post over to thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (2,803 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you - apologies for not posting it correctly in the first place!

Message 4 of 18 (2,793 Views)

Hero
No worries.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (2,786 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sims turn head after exiting First Person Camera Mode

★★★★ Guide
I encountered this glitch when my sim went out to eat with some friends. I entered 1st person mode to see the restaurant from the sim's POV and noticed her head was turned after exiting that view. I tried it again when the sim started eating, and when I exited the POV this time, the glitch was gone.
Message 6 of 18 (2,752 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sims turn head after exiting First Person Camera Mode

★ Apprentice

Same here. Every time I exit first person mode, the Sim is looking either left or right at an extreme angle and stays that way, even when interacting with other Sims, which is causing the animations to look glitchy.

Message 7 of 18 (2,677 Views)

★ Apprentice

Where can we find it now? I don't know know where to follow up on this post for solutions?

Message 8 of 18 (2,624 Views)

Hero
Just click topic options - Subscribe and you'll be getting an email if someone answers here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (2,621 Views)

Re: first person mode broke my game

★ Apprentice

I am having a different issue. Whenever I exit first person mode, that Sim is turning their head left or right at an extreme angle and it stays that way, even when interacting with others, which is messing up the animations. Any advice?

Message 10 of 18 (2,617 Views)