Re: [TO TEST] Children still have toddler traits in the relationship list

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims still show toddler traits in the relationship list

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I still have this bug with "charmer" toddlers after recent patches and installations Get Famous. I'm trying to get around this problem by playing family with a new born baby, where I can give him "independent" traits before the game does another. However, if I do not do it on time, the child will sometimes get a charmer trait from the game. Adult sim with such trait is unplayable because he is still sad and how many times you can buy a potion, so that he could get rid of it for a while. Two days ago I removed the save with this sim and started a new game so unfortunately I can not make the save available. But this result is very easy to achieve. Have two families. Let the triplets be born in this second family - better quadruplets. Let the game make them a birthday. At 100% one will have a "charmer" trait. Grow them in CAS and play this adult with charmer trait for two days.

Message 51 of 65 (1,409 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruIcarus - 

I uploaded 2 files for your testing pleasure Standard smile Both show that some of the the sims in the family display toddler traits in the relationship panels of others, and some do not. Both files are the same family (a legacy household that I'm playing), with a toddler in the first file, who aged up to child in the second file.

How they aged up does not seem important, and when they aged up (before or after GF patch) does not seem to be the issue. It appears that if the sim knew the sim when they were a toddler and learned the toddler trait, they will retain the toddler trait in the relationship panel. There is a case where a younger sister is showing the toddler trait for an older sister, but it's important to note that they were both toddlers together at one point. (Gabriella shows older sister Georgia's toddler trait Inquisitive in her relationship panel.)

A breakdown of the relationships and traits:

In both files:

Grace - aged before GF; no party or cake, game aged her. Toddler trait: Wild
Gretchen - aged before GF; had party but game aged her up before blowing out the candles. Toddler Trait: Independent
Georgia - aged before GF; no party or cake, game aged her. Toddler Trait: Inquisitive
Gabriella - aged before GF; had party, aged via cake. Toddler trait: Clingy
Lane (twin) - aged after GF; no party, aged via cake. Toddler trait: Angelic
Wyatt (twin) - aged after GF; no party, aged via cake. Toddler trait: Charmer
Martin - aged after GF; no party or cake, game aged him (still a toddler in first file). Toddler trait: Angelic

In ToddlerTraits 1 file:

Grace (Adult traits: Good, Romantic, Hot Headed) - Good friends or better with all family members; shows all adult traits in all relationship panels
Gretchen (Adult traits: Goofball, Self-Assured, Hates Children) - Friend or better with all family members; shows all adult traits in all relationship panels
Georgia (Adult traits: Slob, Loner, Hot Headed) - Grace & Gretchen:Good Friends (Older Sisters):Shows Inquisitive/Loner/Hot Headed; Gabriella:Good Friends (Younger Sister):Shows Inquisitive/Loner/Hot Headed); All other family members are Friend or better; shows all adult traits
Gabriella (Adult traits: Creative, Neat, Jealous) - Grace, Gretchen & Georgia:Good Friends (Older Sisters); Shows Neat/Creative/Clingy; All others (Younger brothers & brother-in-law met after aged up) are Friend or better and show all adult traits
Lane (Teen traits: Cheerful, Foodie) - Martin:Friend (Younger brother) shows correct Teen traits; Everyone else are Friends or better and show Cheerful/Angelic
Wyatt (Teen traits: Goofball, Childish) - Martin:Friend (Younger brother) shows correct Teen traits; Everyone else are Friends or better and show Childish/Charmer
Martin (Toddler trait: Angelic) - All are Friends or better and show the correct Toddler trait

In ToddlerTraits 2 file:

All of the traits are the same as in ToddlerTraits 1, except in this file Martin aged up from toddler to child.
Martin (Child trait: Self-Assured) - All are Friends or better; All show the toddler trait Angelic

I've included the above information in a text file along with the 2 save files here. I have only Base Game, Romantic Garden, and freebies Holiday pack & Grim's guitar. No mods or cc - never used. Hope this is useful; if you want anything else, let me know. I believe I have some save files from before the adults were aged up, if you need.

Message 52 of 65 (1,366 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I believe this issue is expected (and by design) if you're using the cas.fulledit cheat to age up your toddler. Has anyone seen this recently, with no cheats used? If so, a save file would be greatly appreciated. We've had trouble reproducing this bug. Thanks for the help! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 53 of 65 (1,240 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick - the files I shared (in the post above yours) have this issue as outlined, never have used casfulledit mode for anything. All sims aged up via cake or the game. I think I included the summary in the folder as well.

I have a full new generation where this is shown too, if you want newer copies.

It appears that anyone who knew the sim when they were toddlers retain the toddler trait in the social panel for that sim. I've tried multiple times to "discuss interests" or "get to know", nothing changes it.

Let me know if you want newer copies, I will upload some when I get home

Message 54 of 65 (1,238 Views)

@BlackjackWidow Newer copies definitely wouldn't hurt, it would allow us to narrow down similarities between the files. Thanks so much for the help! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 55 of 65 (1,227 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick - I uploaded two full saves folders to the same link, so you have your pick of files Standard smile This is a legacy challenge, so there are multiple generations here.

In "Timothy-child", the two elder sisters (Georgia & Gabriella) see the child traits for their nephews (Lane, Wyatt & Martin). Georgia, the eldest, sees the child trait for her younger sister Gabriella. Everyone in the family sees Timothy, the child, with his "Mean" trait. 

In the "Timothy-teen" file, the relationships and traits seen remain the same, but Timothy aged up (by game-no cake, autonomous aging). His traits are Geek and Mean, but everyone in the family sees his traits as Mean and Wild (his toddler trait) - EXCEPT his little sister, who was born when he was a teen. She sees his adult traits. 

This is base game with RG, Holiday & Grim's guitar. No cc or mods, never used. Never used cheats to age any of the sims; have never used CAS full edit mode, have never changed any of their traits from what I gave them. 

Can't think of any other information to share, if you have any other questions I'm happy to answer. Thanks!

Message 56 of 65 (1,199 Views)

Awesome, thank you so much @BlackjackWidow for all the saves and info, it's incredibly appreciated Standard smile 

Message 57 of 65 (1,190 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem. All. The. Time.

Message 58 of 65 (1,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello

I have this issue as well my child is always sad because of the charmer trait but I aged her up through the birthday cake I didn't use any age up cheats

Message 59 of 65 (1,009 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims still show toddler traits in the relationship list

★★ Novice
@koba_sue I don't even have parenthood and I have this problem for all my sims that were toddlers
Message 60 of 65 (984 Views)