Re: [TO TEST] Children still have toddler traits in the relationship list

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
I was one of those replying and sending a save file. I don't know if that is helpful information to you but I wanted to follow up anyway. I've played in that save file I sent until I got Seasons and I still had that issue there, especially with the Charmer trait that got left behind and Sims in the world always being sad from the "where is everyone" moodlet. After Seasons I have moved my Sims to a new save file including those "always sad" sims and as far as I can tell it has not happened yet in my new save, the sims that were always sad have lost that moodlet for good it seems.
Message 41 of 65 (1,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My first post here, but I wanted to add that I have this bug at the moment as well, and no measure I've found has fixed it yet. Both of my toddlers have a permanent "Where is everyone" moodlet. Both were charmers and I changed them to silly/independent in CAS since I quickly regretted that trait. Only major bug I've had so far, but it's really frustrating as I hate to see them so sad all the time.

I also have an issue with one of the toddlers (a vampire) constantly changing his eyecolor to a normal eyecolor instead of using his natural born vampire eyes.

I do use CC, but it's all clothing/skins/makeup, and no eye default replacers are among them.

Is there anything at all besides getting a mod that I can do to just remove the moodlet? Reset sim and remove buffs, adding and removing the trait all didn't work. It's also still there when travelling to other lots and back, and aging up.

Message 42 of 65 (1,328 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

For anyone encountering this issue, if you'd be willing to share your save files, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Tagging a couple of recent posters for visibility: @nymphetta @ZauberNes

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 43 of 65 (1,272 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARobohere is my save: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Oizpe07m8_t-1KnBO0zhMpWSJH26pSGZ?usp=sharing also included a text file in that folder with additional info as in sims I know that are affected. Hope it helps Standard smile

Message 44 of 65 (1,224 Views)

EA Sims Team

@ZauberNes

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 45 of 65 (1,180 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello again.

We would like to collect more affected saves, specifically if all of these apply:

• Mods have not been used
  • Cheats were not used to age the Sim
  • The Sim was created after the June 19, 2018 Patch.  There was a related fix made on that patch, but it does not fix Sims that are already broken.

Instructions for sending saves are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 46 of 65 (1,115 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims still show toddler traits in the relationship list

★★★★ Apprentice
This is still ongoing. I've seen this many of times in different saves.

Also, I'm not sure why this is categorized under Parenthood. I don't even have that pack and it's common among my saves with aging on.
Message 47 of 65 (994 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims still show toddler traits in the relationship list

Champion
Some of this just sounds like normal behaviour to me - like if my sim got to know a toddler's traits, then they grew up into a child and got new traits, I wouldn't expect my sims to be omnicient and just instantly know what changed - I'd expect needing to use the Get to Know interaction again to update their info

I haven't experienced this yet with toddlers in my game (because I play with aging off) but I did have something similar observed with an adult sim I changed the traits for.

My sims's friend got to know her and found out she Hates Children. But I then changed my sim's traits to remove Hates Children - but her friend still thinks she Hates Children in her relationship panel.

I don't consider that a bug though - I think just need to have my sims interact with each other and re-learn their friend info. I haven't actually tried it yet though. If I can't get the info to update after doing multiple Get to Know interactions, then I'll come back here.
Message 48 of 65 (965 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Crincit, I have also experienced this same problem. It seems to happen to sims that age from toddler to child. I was able to fix the one in my current household by repairing the game but other sims in different households it doesn't change. They still show the toddler trait.

Some have aged on their own without me playing them. One was aged with the cake (but as I said I was able to fix hers)

Aging is on

Wild trait & Independent Trait

Yes I have some custom skins, make up and MCCC

Both male and female have been affected

Normal 

Cheers

Jacqui

Message 49 of 65 (938 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @jacallon

Can you share your savefiles with us? 

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 50 of 65 (896 Views)