Re: Do your sims start outside every time you play the game?

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Re: Saving while sims at work/school has sims home when reloading game

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crinrict,

The save in question happened after one sim went to work and the other went to school.  I saved the game with three sims at home.  After I saved, I sent the three sims off lot to a community lot (gym).  When they got to the gym, I exited the game but did NOT save since I decided I'd rather they go to the museum. The game did autosave.  When I reloaded the saved game, I expected to find the three sims at home, but found the working sim and the sim at sim had both come home also. 

I'm willing to send the saved game, but I have to check to see if I deleted it.  I did delete some saves after I went to an earlier save without the glitch and replayed the day in question.

I did repair the game also after the glitch.

Thanks!

Message 31 of 40 (1,212 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oops, I should have mentioned I reloaded MY save not the autosave and MY save had the glitch even though it was done BEFORE the three sims left the home lot.

Message 32 of 40 (1,211 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Crinrict, I checked my game and I found I had deleted the glitched save when I went back to replay the time period.  Sorry!  If it happens again, I'll post here and keep the save.

Message 33 of 40 (1,201 Views)

Hero

@lsnishi

found existing thread on the issue and merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 40 (1,194 Views)

Hero

We fixed an issue that would cause Sims to appear outside of their home on the sidewalk when players would switch between households via Manage Worlds.
  • Sims should remember their last known position, position themselves there, and wait for player instructions should they wish to re-position their position.
    • Have we hit semantic satiation yet?

This has been addressed in Patch 1.24.102

I'm taking feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 40 (4,223 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict , after removing both slot 1 backup saves and the localthumbcache.package, I patched, opened my game, edited a family description in manage households, then opened a new household I was rotating into.  When I selected the household I now wanted to play, it showed that 3 of the 4 family members were home and the 4th was at a park.  I selected one of the members at home and loaded.  All 4 of the household sims were standing outside the front of the lot.

Played that family for about 6 sim days, saved and closed the game.  Next play session I selected another household to play after the game loaded.  All family members were shown as being at home and all were...standing in front of the house.

This is an existing save not a new game.  My game is vanilla, no mods/cc.  It doesn't appear the fix/change worked on this particular save, if I'm understanding correctly that what I'm describing is what was supposed to be changed/fixed.  I saw the same behavior on loading a newly selected household that I would have expected to see prior to patching.

Sims being outside when changing households hasn't been a pet peeve for me, so this is merely to provide the feedback you have requested.  Perhaps the behavior will be different in a new game?  I don't have plans to start a new game until after I get and install CL.  I'll be happy to update here at that time, if the experience is different.

Message 36 of 40 (1,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Well, they did state that the rotational in front of the house was by design. There was another issue where user had it on opening their saves (which should not happen

Guess we'll need a guru to clarify on that

@SimGuruNick @SimQARobo @IrishMadCat_EA

EDIT: Just tried on my fresh game and it seems to work but I only played a few min in another family.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 40 (1,113 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

There's a known issue where if you load an existing save into the new patch, any household you load up will have all Sims be reset to standing outside on the sidewalk. That should only happen the first time though. After that first time, you should never see them reset to the sidewalk when switching households via Manage Households. And if you're playing on a brand new save, you should never see it period. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 38 of 40 (1,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thank you @SimGuruNick for clarifying.

Please do make sure to remove your mods if you have this issue.

Still taking Feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 40 (1,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@SimGuruNick , I appreciate the clarification, too, but that is not what is happening in my existing save.  Even after doing a game repair, each time I change households the sims are standing outside on the sidewalk when the lot loads.

I have started a new save but haven't yet changed households and don't know if this change is working properly on a new save for me.  I'll go back to the new save after completing a skull collection.

Edited to Add:

@crinrict & @SimGuruNick , I wanted to come back to say this fix is probably working as intended.  I think it is my style of play that causes the reset to the outside for sims.

I usually play a household for approx. 4 sim days and at the end of that time I usually save and exit the game to do RL things.  When I reload the save when I next play, I then change households.  Doing it this way, the sims do appear on the outside and I can only assume the game is interpreting the load as the first time I've played that household, even if in reality it isn't.  I discovered this morning that if I change the household from manage worlds during the same play session that the sims don't appear outside.

This is what I am seeing in an existing, pre-patch save.  I still haven't changed households in a new save but feel I'll probably see the same behavior.  I wanted to update my post in case others come in to report sims outside when changing households.

Message 40 of 40 (1,076 Views)