Re: [WORKAROUND] Sims stand on beds and drawers

by LisaLadybirD82

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims stand on beds and drawers

★ Guide

"Don't they just move on to the next object then ?

Good Luck and Happy Gaming
Crin""

That only ever happened to me when I had more than one bed in a room.

So far the stuck Sim never moved to another room if there was only one bed.

Message 51 of 60 (2,803 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims stand on beds and drawers

Hero

OK. seems to depend on what you have in the room them. Seems to happen to everything that's been slotted for cats.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 60 (2,801 Views)

grim reaper stuck on bed

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing Household at their residence. Unselected sim will be going to bed and will just stand on the bed. This is normally fixed by taking sims to another lot. A sim i was playing died while standing on the bed and the grim reaper came and is now stuck on the same bed. I have tried going to another lot but, on return the grim reaper is still standing on the bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Grim reaper is stuck standing on the bed.
What do you expect to see? Grim reaper to leave after sim dies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Playing Household at their residence. Unselected sim will be going to bed and will just stand on the bed. This is normally fixed by taking sims to another lot. A sim i was playing died while standing on the bed and the grim reaper came and is now stuck on the same bed. I have tried going to another lot but, on return the grim reaper is still standing on the bed.

Message 53 of 60 (2,774 Views)

Re: grim reaper stuck on bed

Hero

Did you try resetting the Grim Reaper ? I know this usually doesn't work for the bug but the Grim Reaper might be different.

I merged your post with existing thread.

@jessdb96

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 60 (2,752 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This bug is still happening in my game. It's especially frustrating when my club members are stuck on beds because I can't control them to get them down off the beds.
Message 55 of 60 (2,683 Views)

Hero

Hi @Creator-Kami

this is still an open bug.

Did you try the suggestions in the workaround solution post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 60 (2,640 Views)

★★ Guide

I have also found an earlier submitted solution works...less beds in a small space.
Then ofc the teleport.
and the travel.
But yes, this is a bug that is still happening.

Message 57 of 60 (2,632 Views)

Hero

• We did a lot of work to improve situations where a lot of Sims enter a crowded space caused Sims to stand on furniture. Sims will no longer stand atop picnic tables like film nerds recreating the famous scene from Dead Poets Society.

I'm not sure this is fully fixed from what the notes of Patch 1.43.14 say .. but it's probably as good as it gets.

Marking this as solved because of that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 60 (9,075 Views)

Re: Sims stand on beds and drawers

★★★ Newbie

I had the same with one of my sim. What I did actually very simple , I choose my sim to travel to another place(use your phone ) 

Message 59 of 60 (2,506 Views)

Re: Sims stand on beds and drawers

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @ephraa79
this issue is supposed to be mostly fixed (guess it can still happen in very very very tight rooms.

Is your game updated to the latest patch ?

EDIT: There was another patch today. Do you still see this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 60 (2,505 Views)