Re: [OPEN] Sims stand on beds and drawers

by LisaLadybirD82

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I had this issue once in a game with a sim standing on the toddler's bed and then hopping to another bed. I solved it by getting him to use his phone to travel, although I'm grateful for the teleport here cheat option. I didn't know about that. It hasn't reoccured in my game and it's the one and only time it's happened, but it's worth knowing possible solutions for the future. I don't have mods either, or C&D, so if it is related to cat jumping, it's something put into the patch before the EP rather than just the EP. I really don't need humans able to leap furniture in a single bound...

Message 31 of 60 (2,972 Views)

★ Guide

Just had it happen to me for the second time with the same family. There were plenty of beds, no woohoo was involved, or anyone getting woken up.  I did wonder if maybe it was because they were sleeping on a business lot instead of a residential one, but  then it would probably happen more often. Sim jumped from one bed to the next nearest when I moved the first one out from underneath her. 

She and her spouse did accidentally sleep in the wrong bed when their oldest son and his fiancé decided to woohoo in the correct one, and I did let the game go to full speed while everyone slept. But the first time it happened, the sim was in the correct bed. 

[img]https://i.imgur.com/hRydmQA.png?1[/img]

Message 32 of 60 (2,887 Views)

★★ Guide
Use the teleportation for now.
It's stopped happening for me, but seemed to only happen when I had more than 5 sims in 1 room.Teleportation was the easiest solution found, for the time being.
Message 33 of 60 (2,877 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I’ve had this a few times. I’ve had it with a child sim on a single bed and now a young adult sim on a double bed. I travel with the trapped sim and then return to the lot and that seems to fix the issue for the time being.
ResetSim does not work in this instance, they stay on the bed.
Message 34 of 60 (2,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had several Sims get stuck on top of a bed. Sometimes it is different Sims on different beds. I don't play with Mods or CC. I've tried to reset the Sim and that didn't work. I would leave that household and play another. this just started happening.

Message 35 of 60 (2,784 Views)

★★ Guide

Again..

Use the teleportation for now.
It's stopped happening for me, but seemed to only happen when I had more than 5 sims in 1 room.Teleportation was the easiest solution found, for the time being.
Saves time on travelling and exiting game.

Message 36 of 60 (2,769 Views)

Hero
Traveling also solves the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 60 (2,762 Views)

★★ Guide
I've just had this happen again but with a non household sim so couldn't use teleport or travel. I added him to household using cheats the split him off again through household management but now Diego Lobo is homeless.
Message 38 of 60 (2,705 Views)

★ Guide

Selling the bed the Sim has been standing on fixed the issue for me so far-

or more than one bed when there is more than 1 bed in the room. If I sell the problem bed the Sim switches to the next free bed in the room and then I hve to sell that one too.

Message 39 of 60 (2,683 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So is this only happening in fast mode?

Message 40 of 60 (2,635 Views)