Re: [TO TEST] Sims stand on beds and drawers

by Buttonsginger

Original Post

Re: Sims stand on beds and drawers

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you upload that room to the gallery ? (I think you should be able to)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 60 (2,374 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same problem. Exiting out and reloading does not help, but traveling on vacation and coming back fixed it for me. If the bed is deleted the sim would warp and stand on dressers and other furniture.

Message 12 of 60 (2,363 Views)

Hero

@baddums

also in apartments an tight spaces ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 60 (2,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Wasn't able to duplicate this.

Would be good if I had the same room to test

@Bnibuilds @baddums

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 60 (2,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

In testing for another issue, I just had a sim get stuck on the picnic table.  Welcome wagon had just left in a huff, so multiple sims had been in the same outside area.  Sim is quite happily playing on phone but can't move from table, get the pathing error thought bubble.  Playing on fastest speed.  ResetSim but still on table, moved table to household inventory and he jumped to top of fridge.

All ep and gp except Cats & Dogs; 2 sp - kids room and back yard.  Mods/CC turned off.

Can upload file if you want it.

ETA Travelling with the sim gets them unstuck.

Message 15 of 60 (2,331 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mine was in Willow Creek, in the base house in the Northwestern corner of the world (the modern looking place with the three levels). I was having trouble in the pink bedroom. I changed nothing so that room might be good to test.

Message 16 of 60 (2,323 Views)

★ Guide

The room I had the issue is was the original master bedroom in San Myshuno, Fashion District, 1310 21 Chic Street apartment. I only made changes to it after the issue showed up so tests should work fine on the original one in a new save. Every time I recreated the issue I had at least 7 sims in the room. The problem showed up only after 5 of those had died, creating urns around the room that I did not move. The more Sims died (and more urns showed up), the faster the bug showed up because there was less space when I locked in more sims into the room. 

Message 17 of 60 (2,313 Views)

Hero

Mine just did this: https://twitter.com/crinrict/status/929699042212438024

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 60 (2,310 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO TEST] Sims stand on beds and drawers

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this happen once. There were 3 sims in the room but I was actually watching another sim. At some point I realized the sim (pictured stuck on the bed) was stuck. I was able to go into map view by ticking "M" on my keyboard and sent her to another lot in Brindleton Bay and this reset her. I have played the save for several sim days and it has not happened again. This was a save played before the Cats and Dog patch and expansion installation. 

I have no third party cc installed. 

Link to room

Message 19 of 60 (2,306 Views)

Hero

Going to add this.

Thanks for all your reports

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 60 (2,297 Views)