Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims stand on beds and drawers

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Halloween stuff, the one with the climbing wall and cats and dogs (preordered, not yet loaded)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? What I was doing due to the error 102 issue was manually kill off sims. I had 7 Sims in one apartment bedroom in San Myshuno. When they started feeling uncomfortable they were standing on top of drawers and the bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? One sim was standing on a drawer, two sims (including Grim) were standing on the double bed.
What do you expect to see? Sims standing on the floor
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2017 patch.

_some text_

Message 1 of 60 (11,540 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] Sims stand on beds and drawers

Hero

• We did a lot of work to improve situations where a lot of Sims enter a crowded space caused Sims to stand on furniture. Sims will no longer stand atop picnic tables like film nerds recreating the famous scene from Dead Poets Society.

I'm not sure this is fully fixed from what the notes of Patch 1.43.14 say .. but it's probably as good as it gets.

Marking this as solved because of that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 58 of 60 (9,008 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims stand on beds and drawers

Hero

Is this on the existing save or also happening on a new one ?

Could you post a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 60 (11,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
It is a recovered save before 102 showed up again. I will post a screenshot when I'm back at my computer!
Message 3 of 60 (11,398 Views)

Hero

And it's reproducibly happening multiple times ? Does it also happen on a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 60 (11,382 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Tagging @Bnibuilds for more feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 60 (11,367 Views)

★ Guide

Sorry, completely forgot about this! Thanks for the reminder!

I did some research today and manage to duplicate the bug in a different save. It seems to only happen when there are multiple sims in a small space (at least 6 sims in one small room). At first they are fine but as they are dying and their urns take up floor space, the sims move up to drawers and beds. I only managed to recreate it in apartments, not in house lots. The original screenshot is missing, I might have messed something up when saving it, sorry! I can try to recreate the bug once more and snap some shots of it if needed!

Message 6 of 60 (11,350 Views)

Hero

Might have something to do with this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Kitten-Stuck-on-Cat-Tree-and-Cannot-Be-Reset/td-p/6411...

They did probably add the functionality to the patch.

Do you think it could be related ? If so, I would merge your thread into the other.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 60 (11,344 Views)

★ Guide

It s not related, because the Sims still work normally, they interact and can be controlled, they just stand on objects instead of the floor. Gameplay isn't changed in any way though and they're not frozen. So it doesn't really bother me that much anyway, it just looks silly! Standard smile 

Message 8 of 60 (11,341 Views)

Hero

Pic would be great then

I'll check if I can duplicate

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 60 (11,335 Views)

★ Guide

Did some more research, the Sim is actually stuck on the bed and can't be controlled (they complain that the bed is in the way, did not check what happens if the bed is moved!). But then all of a sudden they might randomly glitch out of the bed and continue on normally. So they are technically not frozen, just seems to be unable to move away until it randomly glitches back to normal again. I added a screenshot of the layout of the room, as you can see there's hardly any space to stand so I have a feeling that has something to do with this issue!

Message 10 of 60 (11,331 Views)