[FIXED] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

by Hi_its_Nobody

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

★★★★ Guide

@inmyeye wrote:

Yep. Ever since the "Knitting" patch my sims stand in front of the fridge eating. I can't believe it's back again. And people used to complain about how "buggy" Sims 3 was.

Seems like every new Sims game is worse than the previous ones when it comes to bugs, and so far it's been no different with Sims 4. You would think that with each new game and new pack they would get better with things, but apparently not. For Sims 3 specifically, I had more performance issues than I did gameplay bugs but Sims 4 just seems riddled with gameplay bugs.

Right now I find dining tables almost useless. The only time mine is used is when there is another sim around it and the sim that is eating starts talking to them, though even then sometimes they still just stand there. They seem to prefer walking to another room just because another sim is there, though again even then they still sometimes just stand. I've noticed a similar thing with bars, specifically when it comes to putting a wall mounted TV behind one. Sims will stand and watch the TV, but they will only sit if there's another nearby sim and then they might sit to talk while watching.

Message 81 of 120 (2,668 Views)

★★★ Guide

Why can't you just drag the Serving Dish onto the dining table first then Call to Meal, works for me

Message 82 of 120 (2,617 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Citysim9997 Because the default behaviour in the past has been to sit at a surface.   My fridge literally is one tile away from a bar stool and counter, and my Sim will eat standing in front of the friddge.

This is not expected behaviour.

Message 83 of 120 (2,576 Views)

Eating on the floor

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure I understand this question but the bug is fairly obvious
What happens when the bug occurs? I ask my sim to get leftovers and they walk to the fridge, grab a plat and promptly sit on the floor to at the food. The table is literally in front of them and no one sits at the table to eat. This happens with my child, teen and young adult mom.
What do you expect to see? I would like the sim to get the leftovers/food and sit at the table to eat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've attached a picture for reference

Message 84 of 120 (2,583 Views)

Re: Eating on the floor

★ Guide
@Littledottie0 If you place a sofa nearby they still do it?
Message 85 of 120 (2,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you look at the picture, the sofa is technically in the same room and they still wont go to it.

Message 86 of 120 (2,545 Views)

Hero
@Littledottie0 Going to merge this with the main not eating at table thread but

- Did you test this without mods installed ?
- Did you test if it also happens in another house ?
- Does it happen to all your Sims ?
- Have you been using moo in that house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 87 of 120 (2,506 Views)

★★ Guide
While this issue has been going on before on some level, it has gotten out of control lately. Before sims would sometimes walk into bedroom to eat on bed or stand up, but still usually chose the table or sofa. Lately they almost everytime choose to stand up while eating and block the fridge. I’ve noticed too that they have become more restless eaters, if you get them to sit down they will stand up mid meal and move into another location. This is particularly annoying with toddlers, since it is always a lot of work to feed them (and very time consuming). Now they stand up after a few bites every time and slowly toddle their way into the other side of the house to talk to someone while eating. It makes the feeding process even more painful.

Message 88 of 120 (2,493 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, something definitely happened here after the july 23rd patch. (PC: 1.65.70.1020 / Mac: 1.65.70.1220) My sims used the table way more before that patch, now they constantly just stand in front of the fridge.

Message 89 of 120 (2,435 Views)

★★ Expert

in my saves, more often than not, they'll eat quick meals standing up, like many others have said, in front on the fridge. they rarely sit down for microwaved meals either, instead eat blocking the appliance. (mind, eating in front of the fridge is, ahem, not entirely unrealistic Oops but the problem is when there's other people queuing up to grab food...)

when actually cooking, but something that doesn't require an oven, they might sit down *or* eat blocking the counter they prepped the meal (like garden salad, fruit salad) at. i can't figure out why they sometimes do. table is always free to access. i have tried different tables as well

however, after cooking in the oven, is when they pick up the meal and sit down properly more often. not always, and they might still block the appliance stood there eating.

more complex meal = deserve to sit down? Wink

Message 90 of 120 (2,392 Views)