by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 DINNING TABLES

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle dine out university island living get famous seasons cats & dogs city living get together get to work jungle adventure parenthood outdoor retreat tiny living laundry day toddler stuff kids room stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a dinning table and watch your sims not eat there. No matter how close or how far away ( a lot of people feel the same way about this, we just want sims to go there automatically to eat)
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims ALWAYS automatically stand up to eat, or eat on a bed or sofa.(even when I set the dinning table)
What do you expect to see? Sims to ALWAYS automatically go to the dinning table to eat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don’t know what to put here

I don’t know how this still happens. It’s really affecting my gameplay as I want to create stories for my sims and be imaginative but I cannot as they just stand about to eat or sit at the table. (Even when I set the dinning table they still don’t automatically sit there) please can you try to fix this bug as it’s one of the main bugs about. Also the constantly drinking juice from the bar and practicing mixology skills if the skill is max. Another one is celebrity sims ALWAYS reacting in disgust to people,, even their own family. It’s autonomous so you have to manually stop them from reacting in disgust//using the bar. Thank you for your time.

Do you still have this problem? I am updated to the current version of sims and STILL experience this. It’s quite saddling really. 

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 111 of 120 (2,695 Views)

Sims eat in front of Fridge

★★★ Guide

I had to add 2 more fridges to the home because literally every single sim would just camp out in front of the fridge to eat and block everyone else from getting food. My sims NEVER use the table unless I specifically direct them to.

Message 112 of 120 (2,618 Views)

Re: Sims 4 DINNING TABLES

★★★★ Novice

Yep, I am still having this problem too

Message 113 of 120 (2,588 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims sit or stand instead of eating at table

★★ Novice

I just started having this issue.  My sims always stand in front of the fridge unless I instruct them to sit.  If I try and cue tasks like using the bathroom after eating they will move to the toilet and eat there.  Do you still need save files? 

Message 114 of 120 (2,574 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@theBolda86 I'm getting kind of frustrated having my Sims block the fridge especially in my current 5 Sim household.
Message 115 of 120 (2,571 Views)

★★ Novice
  • I hate that if 1 sin is getting an item from the fridge, a sim on the other side of the house is like,  "fridge?  What fridge?  I couldn't possibly. "
Message 116 of 120 (2,566 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@theBolda86 Lol. Yeah. It's so weird that if you have a group meal on a counter and "call to meal", all sims will queue up to get one, but do the same on the fridge, and they're like... NOPE.
Message 117 of 120 (2,509 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I'm getting really tired of this. I didn't have a huge problem with it, as long as I directed them to sit at a table they'd go and eat at the table, but now it's gotten to a point where even if I tell them to sit down they won't do it. I've had at least three sims in one household do it today, and it got to a point where I had to actually drag the leftovers out of the fridge so some of them could eat before school/work. 

And if they don't stand in front of the fridge to eat the entire plate of food, they wander all over the house to talk to every single person and take almost 2 hours, so I've started just sending them to work/school without food because otherwise they'll be late!

Message 118 of 120 (2,479 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sims love to stand in front of the fridge eating and blocking everyone else from grabbing food :/ Before, they just went to sit at the table...

Message 119 of 120 (2,457 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

Hero

Sims will now use the dining table to eat again. Sometimes if I’m in a hurry, I grab a meal on the go and don’t sit down to eat, but sometimes you need to sit down and enjoy a nice meal, you know?

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please give details what you're eating if it's still happening and post a picture of your setup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 120 of 120 (6,940 Views)