Re: [OPEN] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

by nucgeekke

Original Post

★★ Guide

this happens in my sims houses as well. They used to sit down until recently, but now they may grab leftovers and eat standing in front of the fridge or even I have one family where one guy walks up the stairs and right at the top of the staircase he decides to stand to eat his food...

Message 91 of 120 (1,567 Views)

★ Apprentice
@unseenlarks The worst issue for me is they don’t even sit down on the chair even if i press sit, they all just keeps standing there in front of the counter like zombies. Or they go outside in the snow all the way over to the pool in the other corner of the lot, change into swimwear and sit down on the edge of the pool to eat. IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER.

But not sitting down at the table. Everything else but sitting at the table right next to them.
It’s gotten to the point where I can’t play anymore because I get so frustrated that I almost break down and cry.

Have all the packs, only mod is mccc and simvasions mod to stop naps from other worlds to stick on you. And on PC.
Message 92 of 120 (1,528 Views)

★★ Expert

i've started playing with autonomy off, since i kept having to tell them where to go/what not to do all the time anyway. no mods, repaired game. all my households do this. expensive tables and chairs, cheap chairs, sofas, big or small. doesn't seem to make a difference. they will ignore them.

don't stand. so close. to fridge. Wink

Message 93 of 120 (1,493 Views)

Champion

You know pathing problem aside - and there is a definite pathing problem here - there’s also a logic problem. Humans aren’t immovable objects. When you tell a Sim to do a thing - eat, leave for work, whatever - and the only thing “blocking” them is another Sim standing around, then THAT SIM SHOULD MOVE. Because all you’d do is say excuse me and grab some food anyway, not wander off to starve (or brave a cow plant!) because your brother is standing in front of the fridge. Why should this cause actions to cancel?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 94 of 120 (1,439 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having this issue currently, and it doesn't seem to have been addressed in the latest patch (Aug 18, 2020).  My sims don't even move away from the refrigerator causing routing issues with other sims trying to use the fridge.

Message 95 of 120 (1,339 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MavandClide I HATE when they just stand in front of the fridge so the other sims can't get something to eat!!!!!
Message 96 of 120 (1,295 Views)

Sims will not eat at dinner table

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the Sim "Grab A Serving" of any meal
What happens when the bug occurs? After they get a serving, they go somewhere else to eat instead of the dining room table
What do you expect to see? A patch fix. This seems to be an ongoing issue
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I cannot find an answer to this anywhere.  It has not been fixed in any patch and needs to be addressed.

Message 97 of 120 (1,260 Views)

Re: Sims will not eat at dinner table

★★ Expert
Message 98 of 120 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MavandClide For me I will click Grab a Serving and click where I'd like them to sit while the game is paused before unpausing. Usually they will sit somewhere else after I unpause the game before getting up and moving to where I'd like them to sit immediately after but often they will sit where I chose them to sit.

Hope I helped!

Also I'm an Xbox player, so this also happens on Xbox.
Message 99 of 120 (1,247 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Lisathia If I have my Sims standing while eating (like with ice cream cones and quick meals) I just choose where I want them to stand with "Go Here". They will stop eating and move to that spot. But sometimes I make them eat at a table (especially with ice cream cones because sometimes when standing they may drop the cones).

Also if I want them to sit down and eat, I just do what I said in my above post.
Message 100 of 120 (1,246 Views)