Re: [OPEN] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

by Diam-Sims

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I donno if anybody has experience this too : when grabbing  food now at a food stand,  sims just stand up to eat...nobody use the picnic tables anymore like they use to do before.

Message 31 of 120 (6,857 Views)

★★ Guide
@Sketch793 I'd like to draw attention to the workaround Sketch793 offered for those who own the Parenthood pack. A simmer on the TS4 forum (I would credit her but I don't remember her username!) told me of the same trick: have one of the sims set the table & the sims are more likely to sit together at the table. It's worked for me so far when I've tried it.
Message 32 of 120 (6,851 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? Almost everytime (90-95%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?All and game is patched (Version 1.53)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 

Cook some food at home (optional: call for dinner) OR order something to eat at the market stalls with dining table and/or picnic table near
Notice: The problem doesn't happen with meal orders at a bar object!

What happens when the bug occurs?

Sims won't sit at a dining table (or for the marketstalls at a near picnic table). They stay where they took their meal and eat standing.

What do you expect to see?

Sims sitz down at a table after grabbing their meal

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?

Yes, but I tested this with mods installed and without - same result! The issue is there in all testings.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

I'm not sure when this happened but I think I hadn't the problem before the Island Living pre patch (1.52)

It's really annoying especially when you play in San Myshuno and you have all those townie sims standing in front of the marketstalls (see attached screenshot). This bug and the one with Sims steal meals at restaurants are the reason I didn't like to play the game. Please, fix this soon!

Message 33 of 120 (6,824 Views)

★★★ Guide
@mllespider I have noticed this as well, especially as I only play in Sulani since release, and now currently at the Sand Simoleon Beach, which I made residential. There are two food stalls nearby, and I often have my sims eat there. I have to direct them to sit down, otherwise they will stand in front of the stall to eat. Its the same with the food stalls at festivals.
Message 34 of 120 (6,812 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yuuuup. Started for me before Island Living, sometime around Strangerville I believe. I personally don't even care if they don't sit at the dining table. I'd just like them to sit, period. But at least 8/10 times they'll just stand by the fridge unless A) I direct them to sit somewhere or B) there's another Sim sitting nearby, then they'll sit down next to that Sim. 

The market stall thing kills me the most, SIms everywhere standing and eating and blocking the vendor. It seems that with picnic tables, they won't sit there even if other Sims are seated there. 

Message 35 of 120 (6,774 Views)

sims stand while eating instead of setting down

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have sims eat in a house with a couch
What happens when the bug occurs? they don't set on the couch anymore when eating
What do you expect to see? them setting on the couch while eating
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it happened after the last patch

is anyone else seeing this ?

Message 36 of 120 (6,633 Views)

Re: sims stand while eating instead of setting down

Hero
@comicsforever I merged your post as I think at this point, the routing for eating is just off.

Should one issue get fixed and not yours, we can always split this again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 120 (6,596 Views)

Re: sims stand while eating instead of setting down

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This problem has come back. It disappeared for a while (for me at least) but now that I came back to play after anniversary patch it seems to be back. Sims again eat standing up and now they don't even bother moving a bit, they just stay and eat at the spot they crabbed the food which for me is mostly in front of fridge. The only one eating while sitting is toddler which brings their food into bed.

Message 38 of 120 (6,539 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mine just grab food and set it down on the floor in front of the fridge

Message 39 of 120 (6,479 Views)

★ Guide

For me this often happens in San Myshuno in front of the food stalls and it's quite annoying 'cause my sim can't order.

Message 40 of 120 (6,450 Views)