Re: [OPEN] Sims return from Work/School early after loading screen

by HappyNoodles123

Original Post

Hero
I would just try if it happens on another day as well or if it could be connected to the festival. The more info the better.

You can just name it a new thread: Sims leaving work on loading save ?

It's a complicated issue as there are a few instances that can make it happen and mixing them up will make it complicated once one issue get fixed but not the other.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 98 (2,913 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict
Thanks, I'll try again the next time a work day comes around and especially the next time it comes around during a City Living festival!

At least I found a workaround to keep the Sim at work until his shift was over this time.
When resuming the save game, instead of loading into the family's apartment immediately, I chose a venue, in this case Planet Honey Pop karaoke bar, chose the Sim from the household who wasn't the one at work, and loaded in to the karaoke bar lot. Doing it that way, the other Sim stayed at work, and from there travelling back home worked fine, with the Sim who kept leaving early on load-in still staying at work.
Message 92 of 98 (2,899 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi!  I read through this thread and what has been happening to me is actually a little different.  You know those events that happen at school or work, where they give you a choice?  Well, my child Sim had one of those prompts, and immediately after answering it, she came home from school, and I couldn't send her back.  About one Sim-hour after she came home, both of her moms came home from work with no loading screen or prompts at all.  It doesn't happen too often, and it usually occurs without the prompt.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Haley.

Message 93 of 98 (2,873 Views)

Hero
Did you give then any lunch packs ? If not, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 98 (2,865 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I gave all three of them lunch packs.  Thank you so much for your help, by the way!

Message 95 of 98 (2,854 Views)

Hero
Then it's probably this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-PH-Sack-Lunches-cause-Sims-to-return-from-school-work/t...

Can you try if it happens if you don't give them any ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 96 of 98 (2,848 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yep, that's it. I didn't give them any sack lunches and they all stayed a full day at work/school. It's a shame, really. The sack lunches are so cute.
Message 97 of 98 (2,842 Views)

Hero
This particular issue has been fixed.

There's still other reasons.

I'm going to lock this thread, please post in any of the other, according to what you have

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-wants-to-leave-work-early-message/m-p/7362723
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-PH-Sack-Lunches-cause-Sims-to-return-from-school-work/t...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-GT-Sims-leave-work-early-after-loading-lot-Club-is-in-a...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 98 of 98 (2,684 Views)