Re: [OPEN] Sims return from Work/School early after loading screen

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

If this is truly fixed in 1.47.49 I'll be so happy! I haven't been able to play for months because there was no point when I kept losing so much progress every time I decided not to be tied to the house all day.

Message 81 of 98 (1,591 Views)

★★ Novice

Since getting the patch, I've started having issues with children coming back from school early without anyone leaving the lot or having a holiday. I have five in one household, and currently they just come back one at time rather than all at once. I don't have any mods/cc running.

Message 82 of 98 (1,571 Views)

Hero
How much earlier ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 98 (1,567 Views)

★★ Novice

I think it started around 9, then continued roughly every half hour until all but one were home by 11:30.

Message 84 of 98 (1,560 Views)

Hero
Could it be this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sack-Lunches-cause-Sims-to-return-from-school-work-early/m-p/7... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 98 (1,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Currently having this issue on the PS4. 

I've tried 3 different times to send one Sim strawberry picking on Rebate Day while the other Sim was at work. I even sent him to 3 different lots. Every time she came home as soon as the loading screen ended. Every time she had worked less than an hour.

I've only owned the Sims 4 for 2 weeks and only got Seasons yesterday plus my PS4 is almost always connected to the internet so I could be running the latest patches but I haven't figured out how to double check.

ETA: Apparently the only save I had the last time was AFTER she left for work on Rebate Day. When I reloaded she came home early again, this time after just minutes (Sim time) of work. So she lost a full day of wages in the "furniture on the lawn" stage of my legacy run.

Message 86 of 98 (1,406 Views)

Hero

Hi @Momma2MIKET

could you please create a new thread for console. This is fixed for PC.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 87 of 98 (1,379 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict

This issue seems to be back on PC.

As I loaded up my game to test the speech-watching issue, my Sim who was at work when I had saved and exited came back home early.

12-26-18_11-01-10 PM.png

I loaded back in at 7:39PM in-game, and immediately got a notice that the Sim had come home from work, even though they aren't off until 9:00PM.

This came with a performance hit and of course only enough pay for the amount of time they had worked.

Here's the save it's happening in, just in case it's needed:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DSQHhGvRMMcHc7K_Id-8OajLRbQBTD88

Message 88 of 98 (1,281 Views)

Hero
Was it a one off or does it happen every time you travel ?

There's still a few issues around (especially with lunch packs)

I'd say, if it still happens regularly, try different scenarios when it still happens and make a new thread.

The lunch pack one already has a thread and we also have this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-wants-to-leave-work-early-message/m-p/7188759#... which is a bit different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 98 (1,264 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict
Oh, this wasn't from traveling, this was from saving and exiting while the Sim was at work, and then loading back in.
And so far it's happened every time I've loaded, but something else also happened.

On my save I play rotationally, and one of the families I play is a Trend Setter, who has the ability to create trends, basically outfits that you can see Sims out in the world wearing.

That's a different family from this one, though.

12-27-18_7-20-28 AM.png
Anyways, this time while loading in, and still coming home from work early since this is the same save I uploaded, this time he loaded in wearing one of the Male Trend outfits the other family's Trend Setter had made, even though he's a played Sim, and this seems to be happening randomly every time I reload this save and he comes home early. (and also with the Stressed from Work Tense moodlet this time, but I guess that's because the game rolls for a work moodlet at the time a Sim comes home)

There weren't any Seasons holiday going on, but the Spice Festival stuff was still in the process of despawning, and on that save file, if you load in and check the streets, you can see evidence that the Spice Festival had recently been there.

12-27-18_7-27-46 AM.png

What with the vendors standing where their festival stalls had been, the spice festival curry on the ground and people being mostly huddled around where the bench tables had been, some with food still in hand.

So maybe the fact that the Sim had been at work during a City Living festival when I had saved and exited, that may be related to him coming home from work whenever I load this particular save?

At the very least this wasn't related to Sack Lunches, since I haven't used them before. (at least successfully, my Sims don't come home from work when they eat them because they never choose to eat them, but that's a totally unrelated issue)

And I'm not getting a prompt asking if he should leave early, he just leaves as soon as I load in from the main menu, so it doesn't seem like it's the same as in that other thread, either.

I can try just accepting this situation and trying again on another work day to see if I can make it happen again, but if I make a new thread, how should I name it?

Because the situation seems very similar to what happened with this older issue.

As a matter of fact, I have an old post here on Page 4, comment #31, where I was having troubles and there was a City Living festival happening then as well.

The only difference now is that there isn't also a Seasons Holiday on the same day, but just like then they're leaving work upon loading up the save.

Message 90 of 98 (2,859 Views)