Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [OPEN] Sims return from Work/School early after loading screen

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero

• If a Sim is at work or school on the day of a holiday, they will no longer return home from work/school early if another Sim in the household travels somewhere during the holiday.

Taking feedback if this is still occurring for anyone (with or without holidays)

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 99 (5,062 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

If this is truly fixed in 1.47.49 I'll be so happy! I haven't been able to play for months because there was no point when I kept losing so much progress every time I decided not to be tied to the house all day.

Message 82 of 99 (782 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Since getting the patch, I've started having issues with children coming back from school early without anyone leaving the lot or having a holiday. I have five in one household, and currently they just come back one at time rather than all at once. I don't have any mods/cc running.

Message 83 of 99 (762 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
How much earlier ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 99 (758 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I think it started around 9, then continued roughly every half hour until all but one were home by 11:30.

Message 85 of 99 (751 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Could it be this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sack-Lunches-cause-Sims-to-return-from-school-work-early/m-p/7... ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 86 of 99 (742 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Currently having this issue on the PS4. 

I've tried 3 different times to send one Sim strawberry picking on Rebate Day while the other Sim was at work. I even sent him to 3 different lots. Every time she came home as soon as the loading screen ended. Every time she had worked less than an hour.

I've only owned the Sims 4 for 2 weeks and only got Seasons yesterday plus my PS4 is almost always connected to the internet so I could be running the latest patches but I haven't figured out how to double check.

ETA: Apparently the only save I had the last time was AFTER she left for work on Rebate Day. When I reloaded she came home early again, this time after just minutes (Sim time) of work. So she lost a full day of wages in the "furniture on the lawn" stage of my legacy run.

Message 87 of 99 (597 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @sefned

could you please create a new thread for console. This is fixed for PC.

Thanks

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 88 of 99 (570 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@crinrict

This issue seems to be back on PC.

As I loaded up my game to test the speech-watching issue, my Sim who was at work when I had saved and exited came back home early.

12-26-18_11-01-10 PM.png

I loaded back in at 7:39PM in-game, and immediately got a notice that the Sim had come home from work, even though they aren't off until 9:00PM.

This came with a performance hit and of course only enough pay for the amount of time they had worked.

Here's the save it's happening in, just in case it's needed:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DSQHhGvRMMcHc7K_Id-8OajLRbQBTD88

Message 89 of 99 (472 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Was it a one off or does it happen every time you travel ?

There's still a few issues around (especially with lunch packs)

I'd say, if it still happens regularly, try different scenarios when it still happens and make a new thread.

The lunch pack one already has a thread and we also have this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-wants-to-leave-work-early-message/m-p/7188759#... which is a bit different.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 90 of 99 (454 Views)