Re: [OPEN] Sims return from Work/School early after loading screen

by burin077

Original Post

★ Guide

Just adding in that I am also having this issue - it makes playing multiple sims a nightmare and hopefully a fix for this is coming soon.  It makes my sims prisoners to their own lot until odd hours when every person is home from school/work - problem is I am playing school children and a mixologist which means I can't do anything unless it is after 1am each day - frustrating to say the least.

Message 71 of 98 (1,235 Views)

★ Guide

I am also having this same problem sims coming home from work or school whenever a loading screen occurs like going to another lot with a sim or plan outfits in CAS. 

I tried to replicate it in a new save without mods and was very easily replicated for holidays. Sims would not stay at work or school whenever there was an loading screen on holidays. I hope they fix this soon, it is so annoying.

Message 72 of 98 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I don't have seanons, but when I play and press control+1 (this opens the browser, incase you didn't know) while my child sims are at school, one of them returns from school. It is the same one every time. This also happens when one of my sims leave the lot. The child who always comes home started with an A, but the more I experienced it, they got a D.

EDIT: I read that a lot of people say this only happens around holidays, but this happens every sim-weekday.

Message 73 of 98 (1,208 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yup, same thing for me ! When I send some sims to work or school and take one in another lot, they all return home and lose their school or work progression because it's as if they had left school or work early. It's really annoying because I always have to stay home until they come back if I don't want to risk it happening. I know it doesn't always happen, but since I don't know when it might happen, I just stay clear of it altogether...

I do hope they fix that in the next patch update. 

Message 74 of 98 (1,170 Views)

Re: Sims Leaving Work/School When I Travel

★★★ Novice

I've been playing the Not So Berry Challenge and one of the requirements for the Mint Generation is to master the scientist career. The scientist career is an interactive career, meaning you go to work with your sim, however, every time I do, it pulls my sim's three children and husband home from work. I haven't found a way to get around this and I'm getting rather frustrated. Please fix this, it's making gameplay not enjoyable anymore...

Message 75 of 98 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem for me as of Nov. 6, 2018.  Whenever I have a sim leave for a GTW career, any other household sims return to the home. 

Message 76 of 98 (1,080 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem too. Doesn't seem to be holiday based but rather random. I have two adult sims who work but also run their own business on their days off and a child sim who goes to school and used to go to scouts. As I said, it seems to be random but I've taken to saving the game prior to my remaining sim heading out but so far I've found this bug also affects the save too so if I find my sims return and I try to restore, the sims have still come home when I load up the save. I say it's random but it seems to be random days rather than anything else. On the rare occasion I have a save from just before the work/school sims head out, it doesn't make a difference since the bug will still be effective if you restore to it. Closest I have found to a fix for it is to send the home sim out before the work and school sims go out, which can be a nuisance if the work sim is having to leave really early. It's mostly annoying because work sims lose a lot of wages and school sims lose on the responsibility scale if you have the parenthood pack. Tbh this isn't the only issue and I'm noticing a number of issues, some with quick fixes and some with no apparent fix.

Message 77 of 98 (1,056 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This issue has been going on for a while now, with no built-in fix seeming to be in sight.

The only thing I've noticed that seems to work is the following workaround:

- Send a sim to another lot, without the Sims that need to go to Work/School. (Try a commercial venue or something.)
- Once the sims who need to go to Work/School do so, move the sim you moved to another lot, back to the active lot.

(Note: Do NOT move the sim to another commercial venue or non-active lot; doing so seems to trigger the Work/School sims to return to the active lot.)

It's a temporary workaround that I've been having to use, and it actually works well if you have a Sim that has a job as a Doctor/Police Officer/Scientist since it forces a lot change anyway. That said, it doesn't work if the sims that need to work leave before the sim you move off the lot does.

So to any who need more of a simplified explanation of this workaround:
- Sim A & B need to go to work.
- Sim C does not need to go to work.
- Move Sim C to a commercial venue or different lot until Sim A & B go to work.
- Move Sim C back to the active lot.

I haven't tried it with situations where the sims that need to go to work aren't on their active lot when they leave for work, so the workaround may not work in specific situations like that.

- B

Message 78 of 98 (1,038 Views)

★★★ Guide

Is there any news on this? Are we getting a patch? It’s making a huge negative impact on the game, and I’d really appreciate an update. 

Ty

Message 79 of 98 (972 Views)

Hero

• If a Sim is at work or school on the day of a holiday, they will no longer return home from work/school early if another Sim in the household travels somewhere during the holiday.

Taking feedback if this is still occurring for anyone (with or without holidays)

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 98 (11,996 Views)