Re: Sims at work returning early when another sim travels

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims at work returning early when another sim travels

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Jungle adventure, Cats and Dogs, city Living, Seasons, vampires, dine out, bowling night stuff pack, romantic garden stuff pack, my first pets stuff pack, get together, get to work, parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household with two sims. Move them into San Myushino (don’t know if that makes a difference, but mine are living in 21 Chic Street apartment 1310). Have one of the sims go to work and have the other sim leave their home to go to another lot. The sim at work returns home, although they have only been at work for a few minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim in your household is at work/school and another sim in the household travels off the home lot, the sim who was at work/school returns home early and there is no option to send them back to work/school. This definitely happens every time if the other sim is at work. It may not happen every time when the other sim is at school (have only tested it a few times with school kids) but it happens often with school kids too. ETA: This is also happening if you have a sim go to work, then save and exit while they are at work. When you reload the game, the sim will return from work.
What do you expect to see? The sim who was at work/school remaining at work/school until the end of the work/school day, or until I ask them to come home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don’t think there is anything that I could attach here which would help, but if there is please let me know.

Message 51 of 98 (2,808 Views)

Hero

Hi @thisisarealpainx

I merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 98 (2,734 Views)

Thank you @crinrict is there any work around for this?
Message 53 of 98 (2,722 Views)

Hero
Don't think there is, unfortunately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 98 (2,720 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is this ever going to be fixed? It's also linked to the inventory wipe people are talking about in the other thread. Interestingly this bug only occurs for me if there is a child or toddler in the household. Without one the sims stay at work.

Message 55 of 98 (2,667 Views)

★ Apprentice

Did this happen during a holiday? Ever since the last update my sims have been leaving work/school early after traveling, but only during a holiday. If I cancel the holiday then travel, everything is fine.

Message 56 of 98 (2,634 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims return from Work/School early after loading screen

★★ Apprentice

I also have this issue.

Message 57 of 98 (2,608 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
The only work-around I have found is to have an Active Sim leave the lot before anyone goes to work/school/events; once they leave for their job, they seem to stay at their job when you return to the Active lot.

It's worked for me at least.

(Note: It only works for Sims leaving to go to work if you're not focusing on the active lot, for example; if you send a Sim to a Bar, and the other Sims eventually go to Work, they will stay at work when you go home. If you go to another lot instead of home, they seem to go home immediately.)
Message 58 of 98 (2,593 Views)

★ Guide

Hello, I have found a work around.

It seems that this issue occurs with the default holidays set during the week, when most sims work. I fixed it by moving all holidays to the weekend, Saturday to be exact, except New Years, it is on Sunday. After I did this the sims go to work and stay there!!!

It might also work if you just open and edit the calendar leaving the days as is but changing something else. I don't know, because I prefer the holidays on Saturday. One way you can tell if the sims are going to stay and if the fix has worked, it that the regular dialog will come up. Example: "Your sim is due at work in one hour" vs the dialog that says: "Your sim is busy do you want them to go to work or stay home? " (I don't remember the exact wording, but you get the idea.

In other words, if it ask you about staying home, then the bug is likely to appear. I hope that this all makes sense.

Message 59 of 98 (2,540 Views)

★ Guide

I am having this issue as well. It was happening in the past, but at some point, I believed it was fixed. However, now my Sim is coming home from work early when I save and exit then reload the game while the Sim is at work. As soon as I load in, I get the message that she is coming home from work. It's disappointing because I'm playing a new Legacy  challenge and they really need the money and the work experience Frown

Message 60 of 98 (2,231 Views)