[FIXED] Sims obsessed with food stalls

by KonekoFoxglove

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims obsessed with food stalls

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug but it makes gameplay for me rather difficult. My sims are obsessed with the food stalls. They can't walk past one without trying to buy something to eat, even though they have just eaten and hunger is full. They not only overeat but it drains my household budget significally, especially when I visit festivals with larger households where I can't monitor every single sim constantly. I recently visited the Humor and Hijinks Festival with my family of six and it cost me a couple hundred simoleons because they kept buying food at the stalls. I tend to not go to festivals at all or only with a single sim to avoid it. 

This doesn't only happen with the families I'm currently playing but also with families I never played with at all in my current save (e.g. the Bjergsen family) and townies. A lot of them have put on a significant amount of weight because of it. I added a photo of Bjorn Bjergsen for reference. I haven't played with this family at all until now. 

I don't mind one or two sims getting chubby (not everyone can keep a flawless figure throughout their lives Wink ) but it gets annoying if the majority of them suddenly turn obese. 

Message 1 of 13 (2,122 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims obsessed with food stalls

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please update your game @mljones88 @KonekoFoxglove

This was addressed in todays patch.

Taking feedback if it's better

Festival, anyone?
  • Going to a festival, but worried about gaining weight? No worries, Sims will no longer continuously order and eat food at the food stalls. If you’ve already packed on those pounds… exercise, exercise, exercise.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (1,964 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims obsessed with food stalls

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

And another photo from the same save file. 

Clara Bjergsen still looks okay, but Jesminder gained quite a bit of weight. 

Message 2 of 13 (2,098 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (2,075 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi Crin! No, I have never used mods or cc in my games, so that's not the cause. 

Message 4 of 13 (2,068 Views)

Hero

It's not something I'm seeing in my game.

Is this a game you stared before ore after CL ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (2,058 Views)

★★ Guide

I started it after CL. I'm currently playing with aging off. I'll try repairing it, maybe that helps. 

Message 6 of 13 (2,048 Views)

Hero

What traits does your Sim have ?

I do see my Sim go to the stalls and eat but not that much and I haven't seen any fat townies

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (2,044 Views)

★★ Guide

I used mostly artistic trates like "creative" "art lover" and "music lover" or traits like "genius", "self-assured", "ambitious", "outgoing" and "neat".

One of my sims is also a "food lover", which would explain why he likes to eat at the stalls, but all the others aren't. 

I haven't used "glutton" in this file yet. 

Message 8 of 13 (2,035 Views)

Hero

Reading at the forums and elsewhere, it looks like you're not the only one

I've added this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (2,029 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you! Standard smile

Message 10 of 13 (2,019 Views)