Re: Off-Camera Sims Get Stuck Until Focused On

by EA_Mako

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I think it's worth stressing that this is game-breaking not because of the visual glitch but because of the extremely long delay before the queued action is executed.  I have had Sims pee themselves going from barely in the orange to full motive desperation on bladder waiting to execute the task of using the downstairs toilet.  I am now extra careful to always watch my Sims when they have to perform actions to top off a critical need (like hunger, especially, having Sims starve to death from this would be incredibly frustrating).

Message 91 of 192 (1,230 Views)

Sims not in view won't go on stairs

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Tiny Living, Paranormal Stuff, Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Direct Sims to do something on a different floor from where they are, then take the camera off them (I think this is what this is asking?)
What happens when the bug occurs? If I direct Sims to do something on a different floor (ie, they need to go up or down stairs) or if my Sims are coming in or out of the house (ie, stairs), they will wait at the top or base of the stairs until the camera is directed on them. Meaning Sims out of frame will just stand at the stairs unless I put them in frame. I have removed custom content and repaired the game multiple times.
What do you expect to see? Sims to go up and down stairs regardless of whether they are in view.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update following Cottage Living

Message 92 of 192 (1,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marking as resolved for visibility only - We're currently working on a fix for this situation

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the reports about this issue! Having to babysit your Sims to make sure their tasks are performed can be pretty disruptive when you're trying to multi-task, so I can appreciate this has a notable impact when you're just trying to play.

We do have all the information we need and are currently working on a fix to prevent this from happening in the future, so thanks again for the incredibly detailed information you've all provided and I do appreciate the patience as well! 

Mako.png
Message 93 of 192 (3,763 Views)

Invisible Sims- Cottage Living

★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Uni, Realm of Magic, Starwars, Dust Bunnies, and Throwback Fitness clothing.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try the Pub. Upstairs then tell sim to go outside to talk to another sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim took long time to leave the upstairs bathroom at the Pub. Told sim to go talk to another sim outside. I was waiting by sim to be talked to. Noticed Pub door and fence gate open on its own. I clicked on my sims photo to center, and poof... she was standing next to other sim and started talking to them. This has happend twice, invisible til I photo click center sim. Once I do that, sim reappears.
What do you expect to see? My Sim....
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Cottage Living

Sorry no photos, or video. I'll try to get them if this happens again.

Message 94 of 192 (1,045 Views)

Sims stuck at top/bottom of stairs

★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing more than one sim on a lot with stairs
What happens when the bug occurs? When sims change levels or use stairs of any kind, your camera must be on the level they’re trying to use (downstairs if they’re trying to go up the stairs, upstairs if they’re trying to go down the stairs) otherwise, sims will just stand at the stairs until you’ve changed levels with your camera.
What do you expect to see? Sims using the stairs without micromanagement
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch

When sims change levels or use stairs of any kind, your camera must be on the level they’re trying to use (downstairs if they’re trying to go up the stairs, upstairs if they’re trying to go down the stairs) otherwise, sims will just stand at the stairs until you’ve changed levels with your camera.

This gets really tricky with larger households, as sims can not be autonomous without constantly checking they’re not stuck standing at the stairs.

Message 95 of 192 (930 Views)

Re: Sims stuck at top/bottom of stairs

Yep, this has been going on since the last large update prior to the release of Cottage Living (I think?) -- for several weeks, at any rate -- and I haven't been playing the game at all while I wait for a fix.  It makes the game extremely unpleasant to play.

Message 96 of 192 (906 Views)

Sim disappears when going from one floor to another

★ Guide

Platform:PlayStation 5
What is your current game version number? EP09:1.assets.live-ep09.86
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All apart from Toddler stuff, spooky stuff and country kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? I give my sim the command to walk from upstairs to downstairs and vice versa or even to walk across the lot and he disappears and then magically appears where l want him to be. He doesn’t ‘walk’ or ‘jog’, he just disappears into thin air!
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim walking across the lot or using the stairs like a normal person
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This isn’t a major bug but it’s really annoying. 

Message 97 of 192 (862 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims not visible to player teleport /abort interactions

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also experience the bugs you've described in this post. My Sims take forever just to climb stairs, and if the camera isn't focused on them/I am on another floor they end up teleporting. Dropped interactions also happen to me whether the camera is focused on my Sim or not; I always usually end up having to tell them twice within 5 seconds to do what I want them to do. It was suggested that I try playing with a clean user folder... which I have done, but I wind up with the same glitches.

Message 98 of 192 (764 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I saw that they released their To-Do List of bugfixes today, which shows the most important bug fixes to be worked on. The camera / abort interaction problem from this thread is not on the list.

Hopefully that means that they are close to fixing it. Playing the game like this feels terrible.

Message 99 of 192 (721 Views)

Sims will not go up or down stairs unless spectated.

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, cats & dogs, seasons, laundry day and country kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim walk up or down some stairs without spectating them.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims that are not being spectated will not walk up or down the stairs no matter how many hours go by. This happens on every lot and not just a single set of stairs.
What do you expect to see? A sim who simply walks up the stairs.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Not sure but it is a very recent issue.

Sims will not walk up or down stairs unless they are spectated.

Message 100 of 192 (747 Views)