Bugs in sims 4 island living and version 1.5

by top-buran

Original Post

Re: Sims not receiving their Shrewd trait money

★★ Novice

@Sid1701d9: for whatever it's worth, I have none of Get to Work, Dine Out, Get Famous, or Jungle Adventure, and I'm still seeing the issue.

Message 31 of 60 (3,662 Views)

Re: Sims not receiving their Shrewd trait money

★★★★ Guide
However if you do have Cat & Dogs it uses the same system as Get to work Dine Out and Get Famous Active Career with the Pet clinic
Message 32 of 60 (3,634 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims not receiving their Shrewd trait money

★★★★★ Novice
Here a extra save, if still needed for testing:

The problem occurs with the families:
"Sanders" - Newcest (this family got 3 lot's)
"Van Gent" - Willow Creed
"Smith" - San Myshuno
"Dr. Lee" - San Myshuno

Message 33 of 60 (3,453 Views)

Bugs in sims 4 island living and version 1.5

★★★ Novice

Product: 模拟人生4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Find "lucky" aspiration from "aspiration" and then choose "Fabulously Wealthy" to get "shrewd" reward characteristics.
What happens when the bug occurs? No money was received.
What do you expect to see? Hope to restore this effect
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This problem has been a long time and has not been repaired. I hope it can be repaired in the next version.

Message 34 of 60 (3,408 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4 Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time

What is your current game version number?  1.52.100.1020 

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, latest is island living

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create new sims in 1.52.100.1020 in a tutorial, then filled a goal of Fabulously Wealthy to get Shrewd rewards, Noted: I did keep change aspiration to filled other goal time to time.

What happens when the bug occurs? Everytime I try with Sim child to grew up and filled that goal as well.

What do you expect to see? Sims receiving their Shrewd trait money every week on day they filled a fabulously Wealthy.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, I do not want mod and never use mod, I want a official clean fix, please

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I just return to play Sims 4 while ago since 1.52.100.1020 with island living and I had all other expansion, game pack, and stuff packs installed. 

I like this reward to free from sims job but can't because it's won't gave income on based of your household fund weekly and been many weekly in the sims games, not once. 

Message 35 of 60 (2,743 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This was working for me until the last "maintenance" patch before "Island Living". 

Tested with and without CC, I did use cheats to get the simoleans to complete the achievement in testing. Not all that difficult to get cash in Sims 4 so I only just noticed this wasn't working for me.

Message 36 of 60 (2,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4 Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time

What is your current game version number?  1.53.115.1020 

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take sims out of neighbourhood (i.e. needs a loading screen). Going to school or work while still at home lot doesn't bug the trait I don't think.

What happens when the bug occurs? Shrewd trait doesn't give weekly investment money

What do you expect to see? Shrewd trait giving the 5% money from the fabulously wealthy aspiration each week

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but I have had the same result with and without, after clean reinstall and with new save

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Happened since maybe patch 1.48 or so, not sure about previous versions

As stated above, through trial and error it happens to me if I take a sim to a different neighbourhood. It stuffs the trait for the whole household, i.e. anyone that has or gets the trait is also affected. I don't know about other households in the same save since I tend to only play one per save. Clean reinstall fixes the save file until I take them out of the neighbourhood again.

Message 37 of 60 (2,616 Views)

I have/had this problem as well, though I've only had one sim earn the Shrewd trait recently. He earned it as a YA if I remember correctly, and lived his entire life since without one single Shrewd payment. He is deceased in that save. Not sure if my save will be useful, as I've only had the one so far (though I have another close to earning it) and I had to move them to a new save due to some other issues in the save. I may still have a backup of the original save, but I'm not sure.

If either save is useful in figuring this out, let me know. Not sure what data transfers and all that. But I'd be more than happy to share them if they will help!

Message 38 of 60 (2,591 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims not receiving their Shrewd trait money

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue on PS4. I have every single add-on, game pack, expansion pack, stuff pack, etc. that exists for the PS4 version of the game. I also have the latest update (version 1.17). I started a brand new game about a week ago and achieved the shrewd trait for my main Sim yesterday. He has since completed a few in-game weeks without having received any money. I know this trait used to work on the PS4, as I had achieved it for every member of a 4-adult household and every one of them brought in their share of profit ever game week. The only thing I have done that I had not done in previous playthroughs was to complete the Hero of Stangerville aspiration, although I completed it the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration first and still did not see any of my Sim's investments come through.

Message 39 of 60 (2,493 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims not receiving their Shrewd trait money

★ Pro

All I could find was: traits adds hidden Invested buff, buff adds Interest Check Timer commodity, once commodity decayed (after 7 days) another buff (Give Interest Check) comes into action which resets the timer to max and adds some money to your household. There's nothing removing the GIC buff afterwards but maybe this isn't even neccessary. Might someone check where this process gets stuck (using mods)?

Message 40 of 60 (2,465 Views)