Re: Sims not receiving their Shrewd trait money

by MiaSkywalker1

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims not receiving their Shrewd trait money

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict @SimGuruNick  Here's my save. It's the same save I previously shared but a little further along. My elder male sim has the shrewd trait, and has had it since early young adulthood but has never received any payments. I believe His parents also had it but they didn't receive payments either.

This save is also the one I made to reload from because my teen girl was not staying in bed.

The elder male and teen sim are also missing some of their family tree. 

I have Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff

PS4 V1.15

Message 21 of 60 (2,852 Views)

★★ Novice

I would, but I deleted the save that had it thinking a new game might fix it. That's when I decided to look it up and found this bug.

Message 22 of 60 (2,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tested it and let the game run automatically for over 1 hour.
From Tuesday to Tuesday next week.
On Sunday evening 3 Sims got their money.
On Monday, the last Sim got his.

It may be that running the game without playing it does not cause the problem.

But all the time, I have not received any reports about other families who also should have received money.
When I played the game earlier, I got such messages from the other families from time to time.

It would be helpful if I could see at the tooltip of the Shrewd trait on which day of the week the next payment arrives. Wink

For testing, it would be nice if the "cheat clock.advance_game_time" work again ... but he does not right now. 

Sry, but right now I do not have time to play and test more. Frown

Edit: I have send SimGuruNick a PM for the save file.

Message 23 of 60 (2,795 Views)

EA Sims Team

@PoptartJuniper 

Thank you for the save file!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 60 (2,786 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am definitely having this issue. I hadn't played much since before Christmas, and then started to get back into it in March. Well, I started noticing all.of my families aren't receiving payment, and I mean ALL. 100% of my families have this reward. Well, I noticed as well after the patch that I am no longer receiving interest in any of my households, and they are all pretty reliant on the interest. I have restored game licenses, deleted game data, redownloaded it, restarted my PlayStation after all of that, then tested my connection. This was all troubleshooting EA suggested. Nothing has seemed to fix it.

Message 25 of 60 (2,736 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I discovered other similar oddities with my sims that I moved out from the family it grew up with. As I split it up and moved into it's own household and lot, the benefit from the celebrity tree no longer comes in the mail. It's also a bit wonky when you have several sims with the same traits like those living in the same home.

It would be better if they would simply alert you of the "package" and drop them into your personal inventory rather than the mailbox.

Message 26 of 60 (2,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

For me it is not working either. Didn't receive the payment once and I have two sims in my househould who have that trait. I sent my savegame link to SimGuruNick. Hope it will help.

Message 27 of 60 (2,676 Views)

★ Guide

It SEEMS to be fixed now.  I hadn't played since encountering the problem (got a bit depressed by it), but I launched my game yesterday, and received interest a couple of days into the game for both of my Sims in that household.  In the past, their interest had arrived on different days of the week; it appears that there has been a reset because this time they appeared on the same day.

Or it could be that it's a once-off fix, as I didn't play for very long.

Message 28 of 60 (2,668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I noticed this, too, in a newer save I've been playing the last few months. I thought it might be a mod causing it, so I tested it on a testing save without mods (removed all mods/CC from the folder and deleted localthumbcache) and cheated Fabulously Wealthy to get the Shrewd trait, played a full game week, and sure enough, no investment money.

Message 29 of 60 (2,568 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SimQARobo, My question is I wonder if it has to do with having more than one bank account, like Get To Work the Shrewd trait wouldn't know where to put the money because if sim has a retail store you have two accounts accessible all the time. The Shrewd trait gives you a payment that is equal to your bank balance every 7 days. If this is the case this could effect not only Get To Work, but Dine Out, I don't know if the Pet Clinic has its own account. Also Get Famous could also be affected with the Safe room as it acts as a hidden bank account on lot that sims can woohoo in. Also the Jungle Adventure moodlets can affect it also any blessing with money could effect it.
Message 30 of 60 (2,555 Views)