Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims not receiving their Shrewd trait money

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 150.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know exactly but maybe it’s because I made my Actor sim retire from the acting career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everytime.
What do you expect to see? Sims receiving their Shrewd trait money as usual.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

1. My sims are no longer receiving money from the shrewd trait. I kept waiting hoping that they’ll receive their money but nothing.I had a sim in the acting career and I decided to retire that sim. Even after that sim’s death i still didn’t receive any money from the shrewd trait. I even added a new sim  with the shrewd trait to my household, nothing changed. The sim’s weekly retirement pension was 0 simolians.Maybe the bug is not occurring from that sim, maybe it’s from the new patch.I forgot to mention but after one of my sims aged up to a young adult I sent him to Selvadorada to collect artifacts and while on vacation I haven’t received any money. I constantly had to pay the bills and no money was coming from the shrewd trait. (I am sorry for any grammar or spelling errors)
Message 1 of 60 (12,059 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims not receiving their Shrewd trait money

Hero

Sims with the Shrewd reward trait weren’t as shrewd as they thought they were. We have restored their shrewd’ness and they should now actually receive the money they so rightfully shrewded away at the end of each week.
○ We blame it on bad investments, the cd market apparently didn’t mean compact discs

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 60 of 60 (9,301 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Discovered the same thing myself.  Tested it several times with different games, and keep encountering it.  For me it's only happened since the 1.50 patch, that I've noticed, at least.

Message 2 of 60 (11,903 Views)

★ Guide
I should add that no, it's not related to you retiring from the acting career, as I have never yet had a Sim enter that career. At least one of my Sims has made all of her money through painting, and her Shrewd trait doesn't work either.
Message 3 of 60 (11,901 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hope this gets fixed very soon, most of my money is from that specific trait.

Message 4 of 60 (11,893 Views)

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 60 (11,829 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I am having the same trouble with the shrewd trait. Also, maybe this is separate, but my sim never received any of her career rewards as she moved up in her career in acting. 

Message 6 of 60 (11,729 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims not receiving their Shrewd trait money

★★★★ Novice

Thank goodness, I thought I was missing it - It’s not working for me either.  I’ve never had any mods installed, and haven’t done anything differently from when it was working, so it’s def a game issue.

Message 7 of 60 (11,723 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not working for me either.

Message 8 of 60 (11,684 Views)

★★ Novice

Like other users in this topic, I have the same problem, too. Forcing removing and re-adding the Shrewd (Invested) trait does not solve the issue. I've created a fresh new save game, completed the aspiration goals, received the Shrewd trait. After actively playing for 3 sim weeks with the trait, I have received the money only once. Didn't receive the money at all after that. With my other save, I have received like 1 or 2 times within 10+ (sim) weeks played after the 1.50.67.1020 update. Looks like either the time tracking or something else related to the trait is broken.

Message 9 of 60 (11,631 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

For me it has never worked for very long. Last year, my Sim got the trait and I think it worked for about 4 weeks. Much later, his partner got the trait which worked for maybe 2 weeks. They moved when children came and they again got it but only once. I had long forgotten about it when I added mods to my game, but I had just figured it was a temporary thing anyway. Now I'm wondering. It would be nice to know how it's really supposed to work.

Message 10 of 60 (11,601 Views)