Re: [OPEN] Sims never order things at bar/food stalls/cafes

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I always refused to use mods, but the state the game is in right now leaves me no choice. Thank you @MR_TURBODRIVER. Your mod works! I'm going to look into more of your mods to make the game playable again!

Message 21 of 27 (1,509 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My game is unmodded too and almost unplayable from KNOWN bugs at this point. I jump from household to household when one of their livelihoods is bugged/doesn't work and it's been every single one recently. I would normally just play a different sim and wait for a fix, but I'm running out. It's been years for some of them.

Wanted to add that the drinking at bars also doesn't work even when the only activity of your club is to drink at bars.

Message 22 of 27 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Please explain what exactly the "TURBODRIVER_OrderThingsGoddamitFix" mod does. Thanks I could not find anything other than the download link
Message 23 of 27 (1,462 Views)

★ Guide

Hey! The OrderThingsGoddamitFix mod overrides the "has_valid_choice" method of the "StartCraftingSuperInteraction" class which is used for interactions after autonomous ordering of goods at store locations (like bars, cafes, market stalls). The override only removes the first two lines of the original function that check "not cls.recipes" and returns which is meant to check if the interaction has any recipes assigned to it before it proceeds (presumably for optimization or avoiding errors purposes). Unfortunately the interaction class never has any recipes assigned to it, only the created interactions with that class, which means that code is useless and checks for nothing. Because it checks for nothing, it finds nothing, and the interaction never runs. These interactions aren't used when the player orders any goods, as the player chooses what they want, which means it only affects NPC Sims.

Message 24 of 27 (1,424 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same~ Did so in a fresh save without mods and sims just don't order anything from bars at all. All I see them doing is just socializing for the most part. Went to a nightclub to see if it was the same situation and yep, they just aren't ordering any sort of drinks in the least.. Shaking their groove things and socializing a lot, but not ordering any drinks at all. My own won't order anything autonomously at all either, but they will grab a bowl of chips though. Bar tenders just seem to socialize with sims when they walk up to them like they're gonna order but no they just sit around and socialize and then the bartender will usually leave the bar and stand around or sit and talk with other sims. Guess so when no one ain't ordering things.

Message 25 of 27 (1,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm going through the same problem. Sims go to the stall, don't ask for anything, stand still, sometimes go to another stall, stand still again, and then leave. They just don't buy anything. And I realized that the same has happened in bars and cafes.

we.jpgwe2.jpgwe3.jpg

Message 26 of 27 (1,309 Views)

Hero

Ever had the need to order food or drinks but you just couldn’t be bothered? Been there, however the issue of Sims and NPCs not being able to order food and drinks autonomously has been fixed. Order away!

Fixed in Patch 1.79.93/1.47

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 27 (9,727 Views)