Re: [OPEN] Sims never order things at bar/food stalls/cafes

by crocobaura

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I get this bug too. It's most noticeable with cafes, as customers seem to also gather and stand outside the venue at first for a while before entering the cafe. Also barista doesn't always show up. I have no mods or cc installed. 

07-24-21_5-23-17 PM.png07-24-21_3-02-25 PM.png

Message 11 of 27 (2,377 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've tested this in several games I saved before the update PC: 1.77.131.1030

I sent a sim and his two friends to the cafe and they did this:

• Barista is standing in the middle of the cafe greeting sims
  • My sim washed the dishes
  • emptied the trash
  • another sim got a glass of water
  • a third sim washed his dishes
  • my sim and his two friends sat down to read a book
  • barista is still standing in the middle of the cafe
  • So I sent my sim to order coffee and the barista made his order
  • Barista still continues to talk to customers, everyone is chatting, but no one is ordering

In another save a I sent my sim and a group to a movie cafe, it was a thunder storm. The Barrister stood at the door. I did not send my sim to order anything. They watched a movie together. A few NPCs came into the cafe and mingled and a few stood outside in the rain and did nothing. No one ever ordered from the barrister.

CAfeBroken1.png

LIST OF PROBLEMS WE ENCOUNTERED SO FAR SINCE THE JULY 20 PATCH 

In another save I sent my sims to an arcade that has the venue type nightclub with a bar and no one ordered drinks. A couple of sims asked for chips. The bartender has sparks flying from him.

In another save my sim was already at a karaoke bar in a club meeting. No one ordered from the bar, they sat at the bar and conversed with the bartender. My sim autonomously sang karaoke and was booed. But for the most part sims were getting water from the bathroom sink.

Bartender broekn.png

I created a brand new today 7/25/2021 to test if there are pets in premade homes (there are none) and sent the sim and four sims in a group to a cafe in Windenburgh and the lounge in Oasis Springs - the barrister stood around chatting no one ordered food or coffee. Sims washed their hands and cleaned counters and sat at tables or at the bar.

Cafe_newsave.png

At the lounge the only thing ordered from the bartender is chips, same as in the video above at the arcade lot.

bartender-oasis lounge.png

Message 12 of 27 (2,343 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem as well. My cafes used to be so crowded that my Sims can barely get their order in. Now the cafes are so dead...

Message 13 of 27 (2,289 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I used a long New Year's Eve to test the issue didn't see any bar interactions in bars, lounges, karaokes and nightclubs.

Message 14 of 27 (2,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This issue is still relevant to the 1.77.146 (July 27th) game patch as it wasn't fixed.

More technical details of this issue were passed along to the developers 🤞 and the issue itself stems from a new faulty optimization check if a given action to order items has any recipes. This only affects autonomous interactions. This should have been corrected in the last patch but I guess there just wasn't enough time to look into it.

Message 15 of 27 (2,260 Views)

Hero

@MR_TURBODRIVER has created a mod for this

Please see this thread for link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/10111432...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 27 (2,194 Views)

★★ Novice

Sims FINALLY order coffee at the cafe!!!!

Thank you so much for the mod

Look at the male sim pointing his index finger to the skyyyyyyyyy

2021-08-01_2-52-36 PM.png

Message 17 of 27 (2,148 Views)

S

★★ Novice

Sims won't order from bar since July 2021 update

Message 18 of 27 (2,133 Views)

Re: S

Hero
@JuanitaMG This is a known bug. I merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 27 (2,120 Views)

Sims do not order anything in bars and coffee shops

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the dust pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a bar or coffee shop.
What happens when the bug occurs? Notice the NPC sims coming in do not order any drinks or food. They just say hello and use their tablet or laptop for a short period of time and leave again. This makes the bar and coffee shop feel empty. Also the bartender or sim behind the coffee shop counter stay very long outside on the sidewalk. When they do come in they do not stay long and get replaced by another sim (the same sort of bug with the chefs of restaurants, they just stand there. I already clicked the me too button for this one).
What do you expect to see? A more lively bar and coffee shop and sims ordering drinks and food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(I tried to submit this before, hope it works now)

Message 20 of 27 (2,085 Views)