NPC Sims no longer buy Food / Drinks from Bars, Cafes & Vendor Stalls.

by Simbeano

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims never order things at bar/food stalls/cafes

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit any bar or nightclub that has a bar object. Wait for Sims to visit. Encounter not a single drink order from any visitor.
What happens when the bug occurs? No need to do anything, just stand and wait for Sims to visit the venue.
What do you expect to see? Sims visiting the venue should order drinks at the bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to the 1.77.131 game patch.

Any Sim visiting a lot that concentrates around ordering drinks won't do it. Bars/Nightclubs became just a generic lot for Sims to gather as they will never attempt to order a drink at the bar.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, added tag

Message 1 of 27 (15,606 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims never order things at bar/food stalls/cafes

Hero

Ever had the need to order food or drinks but you just couldn’t be bothered? Been there, however the issue of Sims and NPCs not being able to order food and drinks autonomously has been fixed. Order away!

Fixed in Patch 1.79.93/1.47

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (9,583 Views)

All Replies

NPC Sims no longer buy Food / Drinks from Bars, Cafes & Vendor Stalls.

★★★★★ Novice

Hi. I have just updated my game with the latest patch and noticed that NPC Sims no longer order food or drinks from the Bars, Cafes and even Vendor Stalls. They just hangout and mingle with each other, none of them buys anything which I find unusual.

I have removed all my Mods, inc clearing cache files and Repairing Game (via Origin). But nothing seems to fix this problem.

Anyone else has the same issue? Thank you.

Message 2 of 27 (15,544 Views)

Re: Sims never order drinks

Hero
@MR_TURBODRIVER There's this older report that was specific to active Sims being the bartender: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/No-one-orders-drinks-when-my-sim-tends-bar/m-p/10217977 (and not necessarily at venue)

I assume this is something you're only just seeing with this patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (15,537 Views)

Re: Sims never order drinks

★ Guide

This issue has not been present prior to the 1.77.131 game patch and the player Sim being the bartender is irrelevant to this issue, this is when a designated NPC Sim is the bartender at a bar venue.

Message 4 of 27 (15,536 Views)

Re: NPC Sims no longer buy Food / Drinks from Bars, Cafes & Vendor Stalls.

Hero
@Simbeano I merged your post with the bug report.

@MR_TURBODRIVER Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 27 (15,528 Views)

Re: NPC Sims no longer buy Food / Drinks from Bars, Cafes & Vendor Stalls.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've had this problem since the Sims 4 Sessions ended. Sims can no longer order anything from bars. Mixologist will be on site and standing behind the bar but no way to order anything from them. I only have the option to make drinks or tend bar. Tending bar doesn't seem to do anything as townie sims won't order anything from my sim either. I haven't tested food stands or restaurants or anything else. 

Message 6 of 27 (15,297 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm seeing NPC Sims ordering drinks at the bar just fine after the update. Tested in a nightclub and also a karaoke bar.

Message 7 of 27 (14,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I can duplicate this issue and watched carefully to understand what is actually going on, the bar was full of people and bartender started preparing a drink; then she just got stuck with an empty cup inside her hand. She was talking with other sims, nothing was unusual but standing with an empty cup. Maybe bartenders get stuck in preparing progress, at least in my case.

Edit: Sims do not order anything at bars, I checked the issue recently again. My case is the same.

Message 8 of 27 (14,681 Views)

★★ Novice

For me no one make a move for "ordering" like looking at the bartender/barista and raising a hand. Bartender wold hold a empty cocktail mixer cup, check the counter for dusts, talk to customer, but no one would order anything.. I tried removing all the modes and repairing all the packs I have. Still no orders.

Message 9 of 27 (14,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've had two weddings since the update and no sims order drinks autonomously.  They grab chips like crazy but no drinks.  Mods were removed.

Message 10 of 27 (13,997 Views)