[FIXED] Sims lose their first and last names

by mauvejinjo

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims lose their first and last names

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't posted in a while because I went through and renamed all my sims back to their proper names. Now I'm noticing it's starting to happen again, so far it's less than a handful but this is ridiculous. Has EA in any way responded or is this just an issue that they are ignoring?

Message 71 of 98 (998 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm wondering if I should just save everything to my library and copy/paste it into a new save file. None of the other save files I have seem to be affected by this. Then again I haven't saved them recently, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

Message 72 of 98 (924 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@goldengurl053 I keep a backup of my primary save file on an external hard drive, been there for some time. When I first had this problem, I deleted my saves folder and installed the copy from my HHD, still had the problem.
Message 73 of 98 (909 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Ravingbantha Ugh, this is so frustrating. I keep constantly checking the gurus' Twitter to see if they're even aware of this, but nothing's mentioned. It seems to affect a lot of my older Sims. The ones created after City Living seem to be fine. I wonder if that's the case for anyone else's.
Message 74 of 98 (901 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@goldengurl053 The only thing I've found so far is just keeping the save file and slowly going through and renaming sims. That worked for a few weeks then a couple have changed back, so I redid them. I'm hoping this band-aid will work till EA gets off their butts and does something about this.
Message 75 of 98 (892 Views)

★ Pro

@goldengurl053

I don't think that only older characters are affected, because in my game newer ones were changed as well. For example, there is a male sim named "Owen Baker" and he was also magically renamed to "Paolo Rocca". Maybe his real name was indeed Paolo Rocca when I customised him, but I can't remember. I guess there is a bug in the memory system and the game can't remember all the changes anymore that we made in the past to already existing characters. Owen Baker, however, is newer than the Goth family and was renamed anyway. What I find strange is that the Goth family lost their complete names as well as some, others. I haven't done any changes to the Goths names, only to their appearance.

Message 76 of 98 (879 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had a baby born in the hospital, it promoted me to give it a first name, which is normal, but couldn't leave it there, I had to make up a last name for him too, shouldn't the last name automatically be set for the parent as it used to be?

Message 77 of 98 (791 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LuvMySimz 

I came across this quite by accident while looking around the board.  There is indeed a Paolo Rocca in the original game.  I do (in part, among other things) exactly what you describe here, renaming people.  However, I also sometimes randomize the people themselves, even changing the gender, so that ever since this glitch appeared, I'll have, say, a male sim who is now named "Pamela Kjerstenson" because that is the name of the originally generated female NPC from whom I derived the male currently in my game.

Which means that unless a fix is released for this issue which reverts the names as per our changes, I am going to be deleting all those sims.  When I look at this guy and see the Pamela name, I can't remember (for the life of me) what I renamed him; he's an NPC in my game, LOL.  So for me, the logical response is to get rid of sims affected by this glitch, but I'm waiting a little while to see how the next update/patch/fix pans out.

Message 78 of 98 (762 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I want to just work in build mode until the glitch is fixed, but I’m worried if I save anything, I’ll make the save file much worse than it already is. 

And yes, Paolo Rocca is one of the Partihaus Sims that lives in Windenburg. 

Message 79 of 98 (738 Views)

★ Pro
@goofylittlerhino Oh there is? I have to check NOW...lol
I wouldn't delete my customized Sims unless they are badly bugged which mine are not (I hope lol) For the future create a name list from all your customized sims Wink
Message 80 of 98 (729 Views)