Re: [OPEN] Sims lose their first and last names

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Pro
@goldengurl053 I fixed all of mine too and they haven‘t lost any names again jet.
Message 91 of 98 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

im getting the same issue with vlad from vamires.

Message 92 of 98 (1,770 Views)

★★★ Guide

my Vladislaus Straud has just become nameless no first or last name anymore.

Message 93 of 98 (1,746 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've updated the No City Living Names mod (I use the Less version of the mod), but the problem still remains...
For me, I've only had townies added into my save without a surname.

Message 94 of 98 (1,505 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yesterday I discovered that some of my Sims lost their names too, I found out when I saw Sims without a surname in one of my saves. After some testing/research it seems to happen in older saves even if I load them for the first time in over a year without mods enabled. I've had cases of Sims losing only their surname and cases of Sims losing both names (and both cases in one save too). I happened to pre-made (base game) Sims like the Goths and the Pancakes as well as downloaded gallery sims (like Kai Kahue, Holly Vinedal, Chuck Cenzo)

The save I play the most (and which I've been playing after the recent patches) seems not to have this problem, but as I'm playing in the 4th generation in that save the original starting sims are long gone now. Hopefully it will stay this way, but I'll keep a backup of the current state of the save just to be sure.

Message 95 of 98 (1,476 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Zycele Same, I can change the last name but as soon as I travel to another place, all my married sims last names go back to their maiden name . It affects the newborns too who end up having their mom's maiden name, rather than the family name.
Message 96 of 98 (1,441 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Is there any way to edit the [names of] Sims who have been lost to the netherworld? Using MCC, I can find them (and their headshots) under the Summon interaction, but they cannot be summoned. 

Message 97 of 98 (1,348 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Sometimes, in certain saves, Sims would lose their names when visiting some Lots - most notoriously the Goth’s Lot but it could happen anywhere. If a Sim has no name… does that Sim exist? I can assure you that the Goths were not involved, but this issue should no longer occur.

Fixed in Patch 1.79.93/1.47

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please not that already lost names will probably need to be edited in manually. You should no longer loose them again after that though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 98 of 98 (10,116 Views)