Re: [WORKAROUND] Sims loose homework and leave it lying around

by moswalt89

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Teen homework is never returned to inventory

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RobinFlysHigh Merged.

They don't have to take it to school to count. As long as it shows completed on the career tab, your fine.

There's a mod that helps with it if you want to go down that route (look at Modthesims)

EDIT: 

Workarounds for this as they still leave it all over the place:

• Buy new ones at the bookshelves. Kids can't do that on their own
  • Leave it on a table somewhere and don't let the kids take it to school or community lots
  • Check your house. If they did it at home, it's bound to be somewhere
  • Do the homework of a sibling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 25 (3,394 Views)

Hero

Might be better of in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/NPC-Sims-leave-homework-in-the-Park/td-p/4705669/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 25 (3,049 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks.  Done.

Message 13 of 25 (3,042 Views)

Re: Homework

★★★★★ Apprentice

Additionaly you can found stuck homework books on public tables and cant be removed, even another  friends of your babies  forgot homework at your home, it is stuck wherever them leave it.

Message 14 of 25 (3,008 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, so here's what I'm seeing.  I play multiple families.  If a sim ages up to teenager while I'm playing another family, when I come back to play the teenager's family, the teen has no teenage homework and they also don't get the special attribute that should go with their aspiration.  I've been having my adult sims hang onto their old homework and giving it to teenagers who don't get theirs automatically, but that wouldn't work if it's a fairly new family.  Glad to hear that you can buy it from a bookcase; didn't know that, so I'll have to try it.  However, that still doesn't fix the special attribute thing.  Do I have to change their aspiration and then change it back to fix it?

And since I know you'll ask... I'm using base game only, no mods.

Message 15 of 25 (2,960 Views)

★ Guide

It's not a bug. Sims 4 is an open world game. I've found missing homework and tablets at other Sims' houses. Like real life, kids go to their friends' houses and sometimes leave stuff there and forget to bring it home with them. Fortunately, in the case of homework, it only costs a Simoleon to replace. Hope that helps!

Message 16 of 25 (2,936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am having a similar problem, I get the homework, but they are unable to complete it. When I click on it, no options come up. I can't even sell it. Currently, I am just buying the homework from the bookshelves, but this is annoying and I also am not having a lot of money on that world. (I am trying to do a Legacy, so no money cheats.) Also, I don't like to have the homework cluttering up their inventory.

Message 17 of 25 (2,920 Views)

Hero

So it works once and then it doesn't ?

Any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 25 (2,916 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me. My Sim got his girlfriend pregnant twice, but they weren't living together for a while. He finally married her and moved in with her when the 2 kids were in the child stage. Right away, one of the children had homework in their inventory, but the other did not. Also, the one who did not have the homework was the one who had the whim to complete homework. I let this go on for a few days before I read somewhere that you could buy homework from the bookshelf. Once I bought it from the bookshelf and had the child Sim complete it, he started bringing it home every day like normal.

Message 19 of 25 (2,901 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

!My issue was weird, my sims are twins, and just aged up into children, they got their homework halfway done and then stopped, well after looking around I thought they had switched homework, so I had them switch, well now neither one can do homework and they're supposed to start grade school (elementary school) the next sim day!

Message 20 of 25 (2,884 Views)