Re: Homework

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims loose homework and leave it lying around

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have 2 children in grade school, one of them always comes home with homework, but the other one has never had homework. Oddly enough, the one that never gets homework always gets the aspiration to finish her homework, but the one that does get homework has never had the aspiration to complete it.

I've checked both girls right when they get home to make sure homework didn't just get placed in the world and then not noticed by me, but it's the same every day. One has it, the other doesn't.

Message 1 of 25 (16,636 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] Sims loose homework and leave it lying around

Hero

Teen Sims will now autonomously place their homework back into their inventory when finished.
  • Archetypal “Rebel” teens decry the modification, claiming cruelty to animals, “What’s my dog gonna eat now?!”

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 25 (13,670 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (16,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My case is slightly different... When My Sim grew up to be a teenager, she no longer bought homework for school, while her siblings did bring them. 

Message 3 of 25 (16,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I actually found a solution. Standard smile Get one of your Sims to buy the homework for your children. Just click on the bookshelf, select buy books and go to the children section. Hf playing the Sims. Confusedmileytongue:

Message 4 of 25 (16,489 Views)

Hero

Thank you

@cotter282 Could you check if this solution works for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (16,482 Views)

★★★ Novice

The Sims can also do each others' homework, and that fulfills the requirement. Just pull the homework into the world when kid 1 finishes, and then get kid 2 to do it.

Message 6 of 25 (16,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have 2 kids. after the first grew up to teenager, her sister lost her homework. now the elder one has the teenager homework but the previous one is gone. gladly i just have to wait till her birthday as she doesnt need to do homework anymore to progress.

Message 7 of 25 (16,455 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Were you not able to buy new ones from the bookshelf as someone suggested ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 25 (16,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the missing homework problem. I bought new homework 3 times from the bookshelf, but no luck. The homework is available, but my sim doesn't have the interaction to do it.

Message 9 of 25 (16,396 Views)

Sims 4 Teen homework is never returned to inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok... So maybe this could be considered a minor bug, but it is really starting to get on my nerves. Everytime I instruct them to do their homework I have to take careful notice of where it was placed so I can retrive it... I have lost homework at neighbors houses and community lots because of this. I know you can purchase new homework through the bookself. It's just frustrating though. Also, (I'm sure this has been asked before) but does anyone know if the homework has to be in the sims inventory in order to get credit? i.e. Little Johnny did his homework last night but forgot it at Fred's, or left it on his bedside table. Will his performance still be boosted by doing the homework? Or will the game act as if he didn't do it? Any advice on that is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit:

This also relates to this thread, but it wasn't in the bug reports section. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-Teen-homework/m-p/3442343#M6363.

Message 10 of 25 (16,361 Views)