Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims look to side instead of straight ahead for some activities

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Get Together, City Living,Cats and Dogs,Seasons, island Living,Discover University,Snowy Escape,Outdoor Retreat,Spa Day,Dine Out, Parenthood,Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Backyard Stuff,Bowling Night Stuff,Toddler Stuff,Laundry Day Stuff,My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff,Nifty Knitting Stuff,Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? the error occurs when the sim must do actions that consist of looking straight ahead (playing on the pc, washing hands, using the science table, etc)
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim is in a strange position, his head is rotated to the side producing a strange animation.
What do you expect to see? it is assumed that when doing these animations the sim is facing the correct animation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.77.131.1030 preparation patch to cottage living 07/20/2021

Hello, I come to you since I am somewhat desperate with this. Since the update of July 20, my sim has been presenting a notorious error in its animations, when doing activities that require being in front (washing hands, playing on the pc, playing on the science table, eating, etc.)
When performing these actions, they twist their head or trunk, depending on the situation. It doesn't always happen, usually after they do that weird animation and I try the action again the animation returns to normal, you could say it happens randomly.
I was testing the game without mods thinking that it was a broken one, but even so the twisted animation persists.
I attach screenshots of the problem, it really is the first time it has happened to me and it becomes very annoying.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, merged thread with 3 me toos and there's also another thread somewhere I haven't found.

Message 3 of 45 (7,479 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The sims are looking at sideway or opposite way

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard this issue may be fixed on today's patch (PC/Mac version: 1.88.213 / Console version 1.59).

Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods or custom content) after updating the game?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 43 of 45 (2,754 Views)

All Replies

looking to the wall

★★ Novice

Product: De Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The sims 4 Get to work The Sims 4 Get Together The Sims 4 City Living The Sims 4 Dogs and Cats the sims 4 seasons the sims 4 get famous the sims 4 island living the sims 4 student life the sims 4 eco lifestyle the sims 4 snowy escape The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Realm of Magic The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Bowling Night Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Challenge a sim with a lightsaber.
What happens when the bug occurs? Duel challenger looks at walls all the time during battle
What do you expect to see? that no looking at walls during a lightsaber duel
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

:eaconfused: eanerd:: eazipped_lips:

Message 1 of 45 (7,284 Views)

Re: looking to the wall

Hero
@InsideSims did you test this with no mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 45 (7,272 Views)

Re: animation bug, my sims get twisted when doing activities.

Champion

I've actually had this intermittently for months. Head tilted funny, arms positioned weirdly... anything being carried (plates, laundry, trash, child) sort of gets glued to the hand behind their back. I know there were threads specifically for playing with a toddler and doing laundry, which were the most frequent offenders, but I've seen it with washing dishes, feeding a baby, etc. I think it's a combination of causes - the toddler one seemed to be when there wasn't enough space (though "enough" was far more space then logical), while washing dishes seemed more likely to glitch if the action got interrupted. I haven't taken a screenshot recently, but found an old one as an example. Unfortunately I don't remember the specific trigger on this one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 4 of 45 (7,415 Views)

Hero
@Nooboosimmer Have you guys done a game repair and deleted cache files to see if it gets better ?

There's another thread on this somewhere but I currently have no time to search for it. Will merge when I find it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 45 (7,396 Views)

★★ Apprentice

hello, yesterday I did game repair, cleared cache, and even removed mods again. I played a long game in the game and it still keeps the same error, which is quite strange.
I have tried various methods (remove mods, repair, play only with the packs, play with base game objects) and nothing, it keeps making that annoying error.

Message 6 of 45 (7,380 Views)

Sims' Heads Turned Away From Current Position

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but CoL, DHD, Paranormal, MFPS, JtB, and Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play a while and do routine actions.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are stuck with their heads turned to the side until an action completes.
What do you expect to see? Sims' entire bodies aligned with the current action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to version 1.77.131.1030.

A sim would be washing dishes and staring at the (empty) counter beside it, or napping with their head turned to the ceiling. It's a bit disturbing, and this was on a new save with no mods turned on. 

https://i.imgur.com/kipWQhj.png

It usually subsides after the sim changes animations or ends the current one.

Message 7 of 45 (7,374 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims look to the side instead of straight ahead for certain activitie

★★★ Apprentice

I play on PS4 and this has been happening to my Sims since the July 20th update. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, started a new save with new Sims, and it’s still happening. Occurs when doing yoga, washing their hands, sometimes even just walking. Really odd.

Message 8 of 45 (7,326 Views)

My sims won’t look at the computer...

★★ Novice

They can sit and do normal activities but they turn their heads away from it and look to the side. It’s been like this since the update.  Even the little ones won’t look at the wabbit tablet. It’s weird.

Message 9 of 45 (6,569 Views)

Sims look at each other, not TV, playing video game

[ Edited ]
Champion

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except BTD kit, Decorator and Cottage Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims play multiplayer video game
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims look at each other instead of the TV.
What do you expect to see? The sims should be looking at the TV while playing video games.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I only noticed this within the last few days.  It's sort of a weird bug and not the end of the world, just really strange and kinda creepy.

CreepyWatchEachOther.png

Edit: I don't don't know why my post was merged with this thread.  I'm not having the issue during these other reported activities.  My sims do not turn their heads or bodies when washing dishes, washing hands,  sleeping or using the computer.  It only happens when they play a video game on a game console and TV.  If they're playing alone, they look straight ahead, then left or right, then straight ahead again.  If they're playing together, they only look at each other the whole time.  It might be similar but I think it's a different bug.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 10 of 45 (7,266 Views)