[FIXED] Sims keep moving after paused

by Phoenixvatoreii

Original Post

Re: Moving Trees and Sims when Game is Paused

Hero
@PINGISEVERYWHERE I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 80 (1,660 Views)

★★★ Novice

They keep moving constantly.

Message 72 of 80 (1,644 Views)

★★★ Guide

Well, it's been happening since the Werewolfs patch.

Message 73 of 80 (1,620 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh wow to be honest, I'm not surprised.

Message 74 of 80 (1,603 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims keep moving after paused

★ Apprentice

This happens to me too.

Platform: PC, latest version as of January 2023, all expansions and packs (minus bust the dust).

It happens to all sims, whether I'm playing them or not. What seems to be happening is if they have started to look at something (another sim, an object etc) when you press pause their head and eyes will continue to move to whatever they were looking at. If they aren't looking at something (let's say they're looking straight ahead while walking or standing still) they don't move when paused. It definitely seems related to the coding for their attention - like if they have started to look at something that animation specifically doesn't pause part way when you press pause, and instead continues until the animation has played in full and their head and eyes have finished tracking to whatever they decided to look at.

You can reliably reproduce this by watching sims walk past each other on the street. If you pause as two sims walk past each other they will continue moving their heads round to look at each other as they pass even when you've paused.

In terms of effect on gameplay, other than being creepy and weird it doesn't break anything. However, a large portion of the player base take gameplay screenshots to post online, and this bug makes it very frustrating and difficult to do, because if you pause while they're in the position you want they continue moving and ruin it. It just makes everything a lot more annoying and frustrating.

Message 75 of 80 (1,470 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Sims keep moving after paused

★★★ Newbie

I thought this was a feature rather than a bug.  It's never been detrimental to gameplay for me and I actually kind of like it.  

Message 76 of 80 (1,413 Views)

★★ Novice

I see this is on the latest laundry list of things to be "fixed", but I don't want it to be fixed. I think it's actually kinda cool. Creepy? Maybe but definitely not problematic. 

Message 77 of 80 (1,385 Views)

★★ Guide

YAAAYYY!!!! I just saw it on the laundry list!! That makes me SOOO HAPPY!!! Heart I'm a storyteller and I adore making the perfect screenshot with the exact face or movement, that I need for my story. So this bug was horrible for me, it got me so frustrated that I quit telling stories a while ago.

Thank you so much for fixing this!!! I'm jumping for joy right now! lol :D

Message 78 of 80 (1,348 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hoping it's actually fixed soon, can't believe it's been happening for so long

Message 79 of 80 (1,250 Views)

Hero

Sims will no longer break the space-time continuum by moving when the game is paused.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 80 (5,442 Views)