[FIXED] Sims keep moving after paused

by Phoenixvatoreii

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims keep moving after paused

★★ Novice

I have the PC version, modded, English is the language, and it looks like no matter what packs are installed, the bug happens.

I've had this happen long before any recent patches, even when I first got the game back in April 2022 I noticed my Sims moving veryyyyyy slowly when I paused it, but they'd only move a little. Now after the HSY, Werewolves, and pronoun patch updates, it seems like my Sims have been moving more and more and faster depending on if I'm posing them with the pose player mod or just hanging out in their POV. 

I don't know if anyone has noticed it, but you can move your Sims' eyes when you're in their POV to make them look wherever you particularly want them to be looking, regardless of whatever animation/interaction they're doing. Their eyes will also focus on things far away or up close, so you can have them posed with a mod or doing a game animation and looking at someone near them without them looking like they're spacing out and not even looking at the target Sim. Their eyes will move closer together for up close things, which is INSANELY helpful for storytelling and perfect screenshots. The problem is the "pause bug" will make your Sims move, but their eyes stay where you have them looking, so their eyes don't look away but their head or body turns. Or your Sim will look in the opposite direction and slowly move their body that way. The bug is a creepy but silly issue for regular gameplay, but trying to get a perfect screenshot for a wallpaper or storytelling is agonizing when the Sims won't stand still. There are no mods to fix this until EA lets Maxis fix the bugs, are there?

Message 61 of 80 (1,240 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. I have a new gaming PC, and nothing lags elsewhere.

Message 62 of 80 (1,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i'm having this same issue (PC, English, happens on any speed). is there really no fix yet? Frown

Message 63 of 80 (1,037 Views)

Weird animations bug

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expns: Island living, cast n dogs, city living, get together, island living, seasons, get to work. game: parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day and outdoor retreat. stuff: my first pet, toddler, fitness, bowling night, vintage glam, kids room, romnt gardn, mov hangout, spooky stuff, cool kitch, perf patio and lux party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and pause while sims are moving: look at a sim and observe how the animation continues despite the sim being paused.
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims keep turning their faces eerily despite being paused.
What do you expect to see? I pause the game and sims don't move at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Will attach file if you need, but I'm currently in a hurry.

Message 64 of 80 (1,004 Views)

Re: Weird animations bug

★ Pro

Wish I knew whether EA is even looking at this bug. It's just too uncanny when your sims keep slooowly tuuurning their heads while the game is paused.

Message 65 of 80 (930 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PandoraTO Nah I'm sure they're too busy working on ways to get more money. I'm sure if you were to ask someone from EA about this face to face, they would probably slowly turn their head towards you like a sim and say "NO... MONEY FIRST".

In all seriousness, this seems like the sort of thing that may never be fixed. Or if they do ever fix it, it will be a long time because there are a LOT of problems right now that break certain gameplay elements. While this is really creepy, and it should be fixed, I personally believe that so many other things should come before this. I'd much rather see the actual gameplay problems fixed before an animation problem.

This is like something out of a horror movie. I picture a scene where the protagonist is standing over the antagonist thinking that they're dead, then the antagonist rises up and slowly turns their head while smiling at the protagonist as if to say "I'm not dead". Someone should use this glitch to their advantage with some sort of horror themed story.

Message 66 of 80 (921 Views)

★★ Guide

Whenever a new patch comes out the first thing I hope for is that they've fixed this horrible bug! It worries me that they never even mentioned that they are working on this bugfix.

Not even a modder came up with a bugfix mod, and that worries me even more. If no modder knows the solution, then I lose almost all my hope that the devs can fix it...

Message 67 of 80 (862 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this but it is far more obvious with High School Years, while School event is running. Game like forgets what it's supposed to be on in speed, and at what point it's supposed to be at actually in the tasks. Have had it even when not being in school tie or the Copperdale world. Haven't had the issues prior to an August Patch. Since said patch everything been wonked out.

PC, latest version, vanilla 100%. So buggy.

Message 68 of 80 (845 Views)

Moving Trees and Sims when Game is Paused

★★★ Novice

Whenever I pause the game the trees and my sims keep moving. I took out my mods folder, repaired my game, and updated my laptop. What do I do???

Message 69 of 80 (832 Views)

Re: Moving Trees and Sims when Game is Paused

@PINGISEVERYWHERE  Do the sims and trees keep moving for just a few seconds, or constantly?  Sims in particular can keep moving for a second or two, especially if the game engine is a bit overwhelmed and still trying to catch up.  This isn't unusual, and the only real workaround is to figure out why the game engine is lagging behind and address that, which itself isn't always possible.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 70 of 80 (813 Views)