[FIXED] Sims keep moving after paused

by Phoenixvatoreii

Original Post

Re: Sims keep moving after paused

★★★★ Guide

I've been having the same issue since the pronouns patch and ngl it looks creepy...

Message 21 of 80 (3,095 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims keep moving after paused

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue (PC) after pausing from both normal and ultra speeds. I have only noticed it happen when sims are in conversation or were just in a conversation. Other animations don’t seem to be affected. It also tends to happen to the active sim.

Final observation is that it doesn’t always seem to be “animation lag” where an animation that was already started keeps running after the game is paused. It almost looks like the animation is queued after the game is paused. For example, a sim that was talking to another sim is queued a task to walk away from the conversation. The sim starts to walk, facing away from the conversation. Pause - the sim that was facing away slowly turns back towards the person they were talking to. Unpause - the sun turns away again to face the direction in which they are walking. Pause again and the sim turns back again while paused even though they were already facing the right direction and there was nothing queued for them or with them to cause them to be facing back. 

This detail might be TMI but hopefully it helps if others notice the same. 

Message 22 of 80 (3,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, and noticed it while pausing from normal speed. It appears to only happen when a sim is turning their head as you pause. The issue started after the latest patch for me as well, I'm playing in an older save with mods on PC, and I have not noticed any other issues with lag.

Message 23 of 80 (3,013 Views)

Champion

I'm seeing this as well, on PC.  Just a little slow motion continuation of whatever movement the sim started before I hit pause.  For me it's inconsistent, though.  It doesn't happen every time I pause.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 24 of 80 (2,991 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is happening to me too, on Windows. I go from regular speed to paused and the sim keeps moving for a few seconds. I can't say about triple speed, because I rarely use it when they are not asleep.

It's extremely creepy.

Message 25 of 80 (2,962 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am having the exact same issue after the patch!  I'm glad to see it's not just my sims acting on their own... o.o 

Message 26 of 80 (2,943 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this on Xbox One as well. It's more creepy than anything, especially when you have a big group conversation going and everyone keeps moving their heads after pausing. Some of the sims' facial expressions can make it downright terrifying lol.

Message 27 of 80 (2,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to the most recent kits (little camper and the other one)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pause the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims start turning their heads very slowly, even if not turning their heads when the game was paused.
What do you expect to see? The sims to stop moving.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to 1.88.228.1020

Back to add that if I'm not focused on a sim, and have the game paused, then I do focus on the sim, their head will then turn. There were 2 NPCs kissing. I had the game paused for probably 30 seconds. Then I focused on them and the male sim's head turned away from the female sim's.

I don't know if it matters, but the times that it has happened to me so far have been at Get to Work workplaces, the scientist lab and the hospital.

Now it has happened at home. A toddler turning their head to stare into your soul is not pleasant.

Also I now have to fill out the form in a reply. I'm not testing without mods because it's happening to people on console too, and it's intermittent so I could play for in-game days before it happens again.

Message 28 of 80 (2,893 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep! Same for me.

Message 29 of 80 (2,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Almost Every Time (90%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except any Kits, Journey to Batuu, Paranormal, and My Wedding Stories
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim do anything (but mostly noticeable while they're having a conversation) and then press pause.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims move slowly even though the game is paused.
What do you expect to see? The sims pausing (not moving) when the game is paused
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update 1.59 (The Pronoun Patch)

Same here, noticed yesterday, and only happened after the pronoun update. Even at normal speed, it happens. At first, I thought I was imagining it, but I'm glad to see it's not only me. Seems to mostly happen while sims are having conversations/interacting with each other...Playing on Windows btw.

Message 30 of 80 (2,695 Views)