Re: [OPEN] Sims keep moving after paused

by MissLjupka

Original Post

★ Guide

@MissLjupka  really sorry to hear that. 

At first i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but then i realized the sims actually move after pausing the game.

However, i notice only the hands and head will turn very slowly and will stop after awhile. The face expression remains the same. Does that really break the snapshot moments? 

Message 41 of 80 (1,369 Views)

★★ Guide

@Hamsysincy wrote:

@MissLjupka  really sorry to hear that. 

At first i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but then i realized the sims actually move after pausing the game.

However, i notice only the hands and head will turn very slowly and will stop after awhile. The face expression remains the same. Does that really break the snapshot moments? 

Thank you Standard smile

For me it definitely breaks my screenshot moments. I use the pause button almost every few seconds when there is an important moment for my story, so that I can get the perfect facial expression or body movement or gesture ect. Especially when two or more Sims are talking to each other I always make sure, that everyone is facing in the right direction and angle, so everything looks right and natural. I love my screenshots, because the pictures alone could tell the story without me even having to explain what is going on.

Without the bug it is already a lot of work to get the Sims standing and looking in a certain direction. But now it's even more difficult. I finally get them to stand and look in the direction I want them to. They have a great expression on their face and make just the perfect gesture. I pause, because I want to capture THIS exact moment. But...the Sim keeps moving his head and hands and the moment is gone. Instead, the result looks unnatural in the Screenshot, because the head doesn't face the right direction anymore.

Maybe to players who don't pay this much attention and detail to the screenshots it is not a big deal, just a little annoying, but to me it is a gamebreaker, because it makes my kind of storytelling almost impossible.

And that makes me very sad and frustrated, because I have so many cool Storytelling-Ideas in my head, but I know if I would play them now the pictures would be garbage. So I have to wait until this bug is being fixed...IF it ever gets fixed. The other option would be to give up my storytelling. But that would make me even more sad, because this is my favourite kind of gameplay. It brings me so much joy and helps me coping with real life.

Sorry for the rambling. I just had to get this off my chest. Nothing is solved, but I feel a tiny bit better because I was able to write it down. So, thank you again for "listening".

Have a nice day (or good night). Standard smile

Message 42 of 80 (1,342 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Pretty much every Sims Youtube video I've seen has had this happen (as well as in my own game)

Namely Lilsimsie and CallMeKevin, as well as my own game.

I think it first started mid-May. I started playing again in late May and it has happened every time.

I'm on PC, I have most packs and some mods/cc but it happened in Lilsimsie's werewolves early-access videos (so no mods) and I don't think CallMeKevin had anything installed in his werewolves video

Message 43 of 80 (1,258 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this issue too, it’s incredibly annoying when trying to get a screenshot and their heads keep turning 😵‍💫

Message 44 of 80 (1,211 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

When I wrote my previous comment (with the bug report questions answered) a couple weeks ago, the effect was fairly subtle most of the time.  But playing today, it seems like it has actually gotten much worse.  Sims were rotating or moving their entire upper body as much as almost 180 degrees after pausing, causing them to face in an entirely different direction than when I hit pause.  And this was happening almost every time I paused.  It is now impossible to get the screenshots I want, even in my casual gameplay, making the game basically not fun any more for me.  I hope this gets fixed.

At this point, I can't tell if my original observations (of them simply finishing the visual targeting movement) are right or not (see my other post from 2 weeks ago), because it now looks like they are just rotating from one side to the other with no clear connection to anything they are doing.  So I'm baffled. 

Message 45 of 80 (1,197 Views)

★★ Guide

@GlacierSnowGhost wrote:

When I wrote my previous comment (with the bug report questions answered) a couple weeks ago, the effect was fairly subtle most of the time.  But playing today, it seems like it has actually gotten much worse.  Sims were rotating or moving their entire upper body as much as almost 180 degrees after pausing, causing them to face in an entirely different direction than when I hit pause.  And this was happening almost every time I paused.  It is now impossible to get the screenshots I want, even in my casual gameplay, making the game basically not fun any more for me.  I hope this gets fixed.

At this point, I can't tell if my original observations (of them simply finishing the visual targeting movement) are right or not (see my other post from 2 weeks ago), because it now looks like they are just rotating from one side to the other with no clear connection to anything they are doing.  So I'm baffled. 

Exactly! And that's why I will keep posting here from time to time: To keep this thread alive, until this terrible bug is fixed! I can live with so many bugs and glitches and can ignore them or get a mod that fixes them.

But this bug is right in my face whenever I play and pause to make screenshots. It just NEEDS to be prioritized and get fixed!

Message 46 of 80 (1,143 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MissLjupkaYou're not the only one who feels like this!  Creating stories from screenshots is the main way I play.  This is a super-frustrating bug, especially since it now seems more pervasive and noticeable than when I first saw it.

In more generally notes:  I didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but testing today, I saw it definitely affects all ages of sims (toddler through elder) as well as pets.

Message 47 of 80 (1,130 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@GlacierSnowGhost wrote:

@MissLjupkaYou're not the only one who feels like this!  Creating stories from screenshots is the main way I play.  This is a super-frustrating bug, especially since it now seems more pervasive and noticeable than when I first saw it.

In more generally notes:  I didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but testing today, I saw it definitely affects all ages of sims (toddler through elder) as well as pets.

I notized that too. 

Also, the moving bug doesn't happen 100% every time when I hit the pause button, more like 95%. 

For example, when there is a conversation or interaction between two or more Sims, I often pause every few seconds to get as many different expressions of their faces as possible. 

I noticed, that when I hit the pause button for the first time after the conversation has started, the Sims head and arms will move 100% after pause. But after that the next times, when I hit the pause button a few seconds later there sometimes is the chance that they stand still, like they are supposed to.

I haven't yet figured out, why sometimes (rare) it works and most of the time the pause button doesn't work.

Message 48 of 80 (1,045 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm having this problem as well. I don't use mods and noticed it happening after the custom gender pronoun update. It happens pausing on ultra speed to regular speed. I've noticed that it sometimes happens without a conversation. This bug is very reminiscent of the head movements in the Sims 3 that I've seen when pausing the game. It was jarring to me because I didn't recall the Sims in Sims 4 doing it, only in Sims 3.

Message 49 of 80 (993 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

gonna be completely honest, after not playing the sims a lot until recently i thought this was a really creepy '4th wall break' game feature, cause when it happened they were always turning to look to the camera XDDDD

Message 50 of 80 (969 Views)