Original Post

Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims keep moving after paused

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? SO MANY. All expansion packs, all game packs except for My Wedding Stories (alas), all stuff packs, some kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Er, pause your game?
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite being paused, the Sims will turn their heads slightly in slow motion, etc.
What do you expect to see? Paused Sims to remain paused.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. most recent patch, the one to fix pronoun patch crashing.

Me, too, and I play on PC, and UNCANNY VALLEY, yo.

Honestly, it's a very small thing and I wasn't going to say anything despite uncanny valley, but me, too.

Message 31 of 80 (1,729 Views)

★★★ Guide

If it's happening on All Platforms then it must be just a new feature, idk I'll now got so used to it, I keep now forgetting it's even a problem.

Message 32 of 80 (1,638 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Phoenixvatoreii Yep Same. Happens to my Ghost Toddlers and all my Ghost Sims
Message 33 of 80 (1,602 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes I have the same problem. The error occurs with older as well as with a new saved game. Removed all mods/downloads, fixed and cleaned game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Kzne5Jnz8

Message 34 of 80 (1,536 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah I'm seeing this a lot too. I'm on PC (Win 10), and don't usually experience any other lag issues...

Message 35 of 80 (1,462 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I started seeing this as well, I guess after latest hotfix?

It can't be lag, my computer is a beast.

Message 36 of 80 (1,436 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I too have this and like many others, it does not occur after Ultra Speed, it happens after pausing from any speed, including live mode. It's not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying.

Message 37 of 80 (1,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.213.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Everything except Cottage Living and Eco Lifestyle Game packs: Everything except Werewolves Stuff packs: Everything except Fitness Stuff and My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do some stuff with a sim, including talking in groups, or activities that involve interacting with an object. Stay zoomed in so you can see the sim really closely, and then pause the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some or all of the sims may turn their heads after the game is paused.
What do you expect to see? No movement after the game is paused.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated patch 1.88.213.1030 and 1.89.213.1030 both on the same day.

For me it's happening with npc sims as well as the controlled sim.  It usually happens during a conversation, but I've also seen it with just one (controlled) sim standing alone in a room.  The head, and sometimes the upper torso, slowly rotates to the side after the game is paused.

I also just updated the game (I was behind a couple patches, so my update today included both patch 1.88.213.1030 and 1.89.213.1030.  I was definitely not having this issue before updating, and now it is happening a lot.  It's very noticeable, but will stop after a few seconds if the game is kept paused.

I am on PC, Windows 10.

EDIT to add: I can't figure out how to edit the form, but I also don't have Wedding Stories.

EDIT to add, additional observations: This is happening for me when pausing from normal play speed.  Does not need to be fast or ultra-fast speed.

It seems to happen mostly when sims are starting to target something to look at when you pause.  For example, starting to look toward a sim who is speaking, starting to look toward a sim they are speaking to, or starting to look toward something they are about to view or do (just had it happen with a sim who was checking his fish trap).  When the game is paused, the sim finishes the movement of looking toward whatever it is they were starting to look at, and then stops once they've turned fully toward it.

Tried with both autonomy on and off.  It does not matter which one.  Problem occurs either way.

I do use mods, but as instructed I removed them and cleared the cache.  Problem is still occurring without mods.

For me, it kind of is a big deal because I write SimLit and it's hard to get the screenshots I want if sims don't stop moving exactly when I pause the game, but it's not otherwise game-breaking.  Just creepy.

Message 38 of 80 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Phoenixvatoreii I’m having the same issue as well, on pc
Message 39 of 80 (1,123 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this too, and for me as a storyteller it is a real GAMEBREAKER! Because I want to capture a certain moment or an expression of a face or a movement, and when I press the pause button the moment is now gone, because the Sim keeps moving! I try to play inspite of this bug, but it sucks all the fun out of the game for me. I really am afraid, because many bugs seem to never get fixed and I'm scared that this bug also will be one of them.

This is really a bad bug, because it really ruins my gameplay. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE prioritize this bug! Frown

If anyone knows a mod that fixes this, I would be really greatful if you would share it with me.

Message 40 of 80 (1,081 Views)