by luciahutan310

Original Post

[OPEN] Right side of family tree cannot be seen after two generations

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the family tree of someone with more than three generations
What happens when the bug occurs? The right side of the family tree isn't there, but can still be seen by clicking around
What do you expect to see? The full family tree
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am playing a legacy challenge and I have noticed that if I have a child, let's say Mabel, and her parents are Julia and Athena, one of the family lines disappears in the family tree -- and it's whoever is on the right.

So if Julia is on the left in the family tree, it'll show her full history. But since Athena's on the right, it only shows Mabel's grandparents (Athena's parents) and then it stops unless I click on Athena. I'm pretty sure what determines which side someone is on is whoever gives birth, so I tried to make sure Julia was the one. But, if that wasn't frustrating enough, the family tree switched her side to the right for no reason.

I have posted everywhere trying to see if this is just in my game or if other people have noticed it, but have gotten no answers. All of these Sims are directly related to Mabel. It does this for everyone. They're recognized as family in the game, but it just won't show them in the family tree unless I click on the person above them, and like I said, it does it for everyone who is on the right. 

In the first attached screenshot, I've selected Mabel and you can see what I'm describing. When I go to Athena, you can see her full history, but now you can't see Layla (on the right)'s history. 

Message 61 of 64 (2,434 Views)

Missing sims from family tree

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a long family lineage and check the family tree.
What happens when the bug occurs? I log into a family and select to see their family tree. Many of the sims of that family are simply gone. Erased from the game, without me doing anything for that to happen.
What do you expect to see? A full family tree, with all the sims that belong/belonged to it. Living or deceased.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello! 

I just came across this problem on my game, where many of my sims past generations have disappeared. They no longer exist in the family tree. I've had a mod last year/or beginning of this year, but I haven't used any in months. 
Is there a way to fix this? or at least keep it from happening again to other families (or this one)? It's very frustrating to build long lines of generations and have them just disappear out of the blue. 

Thank you for anyone who could help me! I really appreciate it!

Message 62 of 64 (2,348 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Missing sims from family tree

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello

do anobody know what couse this problem in newest updates? It does not seems to be culling problem but new mistake in game. 

I would like to update my game finally when it looks that crashes and bill system are fixed but I am afraid I lose my long family tree now (now i play with  game 1.62.67 and family tree is okey).

Thank you for any info

Message 63 of 64 (2,308 Views)

Re: Missing sims from family tree

Hero

Sims who have passed away no longer sometimes disappear from their Genealogy. This is not retroactive, so any Sims that already disappeared will not not return.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 64 (27,028 Views)