Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at family tree of a sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Founders have disappeared (blacked-out photo) from family tree and now generation 2 is doing the same thing. Means I cannot look at the whole family tree. Started about a month ago. It’s is very annoying as it is a legacy family.
What do you expect to see? A full family tree
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims in generation two who were not born from my founders, so were married into the family, still have their pictures in the family tree. The tombstones all still have their names on it.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 64 (34,690 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing sims from family tree

Hero

Sims who have passed away no longer sometimes disappear from their Genealogy. This is not retroactive, so any Sims that already disappeared will not not return.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 64 of 64 (27,018 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

Community Manager (retired)

@Shanz0313 Would you happen to have a save file of right before the issue has occurred? Unfortunately, to properly fix this issue, we need to witness the bug occur on our end. So I'd need a save where your family tree is still intact (but is about to break on the next day or something like that). Thanks for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 64 (34,553 Views)

Re: Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for replying so quickly @SimGuruNick. Unfortunately I do not have a save before the bug occurred as I only noticed it once it had already happened to two of my sims. Will see if it happens on another save 🙈

Message 3 of 64 (34,519 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sims in Family Tree Disappearing

★★★★★ Apprentice

I definitely have the same issue as well, and at first I thought it was because after a while sims disappear, but it's not because sims from the same generation have disappeared from the family tree while others are still on theirs. Don't know what the issue is, I know the family tree issue has been fixed a while back but i've continued having problems after that. 

I also unfortunately don't have a copy of my save prior to sims vanishing from the tree, but it has happen so many times you can see all the blank photos...

Message 4 of 64 (34,502 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Cinthilaa I have the same thing that only certain sims from a generation are missing. It is very annoying. And older sims who weren’t born into my family are still in the family tree. 

Message 5 of 64 (34,475 Views)

Hero
I've added this new thread to the list.

If anyone has saves from before the tree gets butchered, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 64 (34,423 Views)

SIMS GENEALOGY SLOWLY DISAPPEARING

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living Cats and Dogs Seasons Get Together Spa Day Jungle Adventure Parenthood Outdoor Retreat Dine Out Laundry Day Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Vintage Glamour Stuff Spooky Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Legacy Family
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are deleted from the Legacy Tree
What do you expect to see? Sims not deleted from the tree
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi! I'd like to report a bug about family tree culling but it isn't really the same(?) as the other reports wherein the picture just gets blacked out and you cant click on it. 

My problem is that the sims and their children are actually disappearing for some reason? and i'm not so sure as to if its because of the CC or MODS because even before I had CC and mods in the game, they started disappearing. As of now, I have MCCC and UI Extentions. Here are some screenshots of the family tree i took before and now. The first 3 files attached are the ones taken around September-October. and the ones clipped onto this post is the one from today. as you can see 2 sims from the right side of the tree got deleted for some reason; (and their children too.) Thank you for help!

culled tree.JPGculled tree ataylor.JPGculled tree taylor.JPG

Message 7 of 64 (34,401 Views)

Re: SIMS GENEALOGY SLOWLY DISAPPEARING

Hero

Hi @clemjmc

merged your post with existing thread.

If you have saves to share before they disappeared that would be helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 64 (34,394 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry I don't have saves dating back prior to to sims disappearing, but it really is the case on several tree in my world, not just my active family.

My save is quite old as I was doing the legacy challenge, So I've been thinking more and more about starting a new save from scratch and waiting to see if the same thing occurs but that'll take a while... 

What I have noticed is that some sims in the tree get their little images deleted, so there is like a blank instead of whatever face, but it's still related to whatever children/siblings, you just can't know the name or click on it to see the rest of the tree. 

Some branches have also been deleted. It's the case for like 3rd cousins who don't seem to be originating from the same family anymore, they have their own tree, but the first ancestor is in commun... Really odd.

So yeah, I can send you my save if you want to check out the different family trees and  what happens there. Meanwhile I can start one fresh (sort of breaks my heart lol)

Message 9 of 64 (34,338 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the double post but I've recently come to the realisation that it might have to do with culling!

I sort of found myself reading about some "no culling mod" and the description mentioned how annoying it was to have blanks in your family tree because of ghosts being culled! And I just thought, wait... It's about culling?

So I'm not sure how EA's culling actually work, it's very abstract to me, but basically if the amount of townies reaches a certain number, sims just get culled (NPCs and ghosts, I don't actually think alive sims in the world get culled). I think the culling completely deletes the sim, has if he never existed. So if the sim culled was a ghost for instance, he'll become blank on the family tree because it's like he was never there in the first place.

SO,  I decided to deactivate culling (I have MCC) and wait a while to see what happens to my family tree. Since I recently started a fresh save, might take a little while to have a big enough tree. It should show if the cousin branches get lost after a while because someone got culled, or if it's related to something else. 

Since my game will no longer regulate my population, I'll have to do it manually and go to manage households to deleted NPCs here and there when it gets to crowded. 

Anyway, just thought people with the same issue might want to give it a try as well. I know that Neia's "no culling" mod is no longer updated, so i'd say don't use that and go to MCC...

Message 10 of 64 (34,274 Views)