[FIXED] Sims icon still at work after promotion after level 10

by FinalBlowJoe

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim home from work still showing at work

Hero
@virulentwaif56 There's a mod that might help if you're not opposed to that I can try give you directions how to find it but yeah, it's just a temp fix although someone said you do get a raise.

It should only happen if you're at level 10

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 32 (1,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

If it will mean playing on and actually geting promoted then ok

I am normally adverse to mods in certain games because they cause issues, but they do sometimes get used in the games by devs Standard smile

As I said I would rather wait for a fix with Electra and Yuki than contaminate their 'strange magnetic lives' that the game pulled together, but if this mod will guarantee a fix then I am prepared to give it a go thanks @crinrict.

Message 22 of 32 (995 Views)

Hero
@virulentwaif56 I can't guarantee you that it works. Haven't tested it myself. The mod can unfortunately only be found at MCCC discord at this time although I think they submitted it to MTS for approval.

Do you have a discord account ? You can find instructions how to find in my blog: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/07/sims-arent-promoted-after-level-10/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 32 (973 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks @crinrict Ill have a look, as I said Ill be playing my other for a bit, he, Dominique, Bodybuilder to the stars, was going awsomely when on a ladies night out to the local bar/ nighclub where he was being fawned all over by the guys, and ladies, Lillith came out of nowhere and turned me, which I though she wouldnt do, being a 'goodish vampire'. Anyway we are now bequeathed, and Im a star vamp with over 5 thousand Fans, so my new charact is kind of just as funny as the last pair.

Message 24 of 32 (957 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims icon still at work after promotion after level 10

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Island Living, Vampires

My sim experiences half of the issue that is being noticed. She will not gain the promotion as stated but her icon will show that she is at home like it normally should. I've ruled out all of my script mods.

Message 25 of 32 (908 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims icon still at work after promotion after level 10

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 32 (877 Views)

No payment and promotion in style influencer career (persona re-imager lvl)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Strangerville, Jungle, Holiday stuff, Grims guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach lvl 10 in style influencer career, complete all the requirements
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim can't be promoted somehow, if he goes to work comes home without a promotion or payment and the icon shows he's still at work when he clearly isn't. The only way to get him home is the leave early option but then he loses progress. If he works from home at the end of the day nothing happens, no payment, no promotion, also nothing when it should go to work the next day. Tried to repair the game but it didn't solve this. Trying for at least 7 sim days now.
What do you expect to see? He should get a promotion and payment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here the progress bar shows average, but it was excellent many times and nothing happened, he was stuck over and over again.

Message 27 of 32 (915 Views)

Re: No payment and promotion in style influencer career (persona re-imager lvl)

Hero
@IconicChicken25 merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 32 (868 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Confirming that this mod fixes the bug with level 10 careers, thanks for the link
Message 29 of 32 (818 Views)

Hero
@barfinup There was actually a patch today with this getting fixed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Freelancer-Refuse-To-Complete-After-Excellent-Performance... which is similar. Could you test if it's fixed without the mod too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 32 (812 Views)