Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims icon still at work after promotion after level 10

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Jungle Adventure, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a sim to work who meets all requirements for a raise. Wait for return home.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim who meets all requirements for a raise goes to work and does not get raise on return home. Status of sim will not change from 'at work'. From this point on they no longer get paid for further work days.
What do you expect to see? A raise upon return home and the sim status bar set to 'at home'.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Tested this on new sim with same results.

Message 1 of 32 (2,363 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim home from work still showing at work

★★ Novice
@crinrict I read the patch release notes at https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/patch-117 looking for it but neither of these issues were listed as fixed on there.

I re-tested without the mod and no longer get stuck at work / $0 pay / no raise so it looks like this issue is now resolved, thanks for your help

View in thread

Message 31 of 32 (2,231 Views)

All Replies

Re: No Career raise & work status

Hero
@FinalBlowJoe Does this only happen for work from home careers ? Do you work from home a lot or always send them to work ?

Have you tried to leave work early ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 32 (2,324 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict No, the other sim in that screenshot works in the business career and she suffers from this too.

Leaving work early is not an option as the menu allowing you to choose work options isn't there.

Message 3 of 32 (2,314 Views)

Hero
@FinalBlowJoe What happens if you travel ?

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 32 (2,304 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict When you travel it still says 'at work' but the work options become available again. Selecting leave work early does work and changes status to 'at home' but with a very large performance loss. This same issue is being experienced by my nephew as well.

I'll send you the link in a moment.

Message 5 of 32 (2,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FinalBlowJoe Testing your save I see that you're at level 10 with both.

There's a similar thread here although that was for the IL careers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Careers-No-Promotion-after-Top-Level/m-p/796888...

The game throws an error which is probably why they stay at work. For me the icon disappeared on travelling though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 6 of 32 (2,285 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict The problem on the post you linked is exactly what I'm experiencing, just with other careers. This has only started happening since the update yesterday. This appears to be a bug with the game and makes it unplayable so hopefully it is resolved quickly.

Message 7 of 32 (2,270 Views)

Sim Icon remains grey after Sim returns home from work

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure why this happened, my sim came home from work and his icon remained grey.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim left for work normally, when he came home the icon remained grey, the only way I could control him was to find him on screen and click on him.
What do you expect to see? I expected the icon to change once he got home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I searched this site and saw that this has been a problem in the past, I did not experienced this issue previously and last night it happened for the first time in my game.  Clicking on the sim and having him travel to a different lot was the suggestion on the old thread, so that was what I did and it worked. Per Crinrict's comment to start a new thread if this happens again and since it appears that there was a "fix", I am posting this again now.

Message 8 of 32 (2,202 Views)

Re: Sim Icon remains grey after Sim returns home from work

Hero
@Jan_831 Is your Sim at level 10 and got a promotion they didn't get ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 32 (2,189 Views)

Re: Sim Icon remains grey after Sim returns home from work

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, he is at a level 10, there was no promotion and the notification said he brought home $0.
Message 10 of 32 (2,154 Views)