Re: [WORKAROUND/TO ADD] Sims have lost their relationships

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Re: Sims have lost their relationships since November patch.

★ Guide

Here are the details of my experiments. (long winded post alert!) Household 1 is two roommates, best friends with no romance, After patch they did not even know each other. I organically had them interact and SLOWLY increased friendship. Quit game and came back they were still acquaintances. I cheated their relationship to 100, quit game and then launched household 2 instead of them. Household two is large, Grand parents, parents, actual played butler and nanny, toddler and baby. No one even knew each other. However the family tree was still intact within the household. I lost distant relatives a long time ago due to my own way of moving them around so anyone wondering about family trees of people who have moved out... idk. I cheated them all back to friendship and romance levels. Quit game reentered. Both households kept their relationship levels. One thing to note, I did not have to repeat the modify relationship cheat code for both sims as I have had to do in the past. i.e. modifyrelationship Sim Two Sim One 100 Friendship_Main and then modifyrelationship Sim One Sim Two 100 Friendship_Main. Just did it one way and both were changed. I am wondering if this problem is a by product of the major relationship rework done for furry friends?!?  Also even though my groups are intact  their relationship and even introduction status is missing.

Message 21 of 36 (7,048 Views)

EA Sims Team

@stbnchristine @Jupeycat @crinrict @solarafey @Sysomi @Stephhie13

Update:

If you are loading into an older save on the new patch, please ensure that you press Play on your active lot first; do not start by entering free-build mode on a lot. If you load into free-build mode first, you could potentially wipe all relationships in your game. If you encounter this issue make sure to exit without saving. If you accidentally save, you can use Recover Save (from the Load Game menu). Our engineers are actively investigating this issue. Thank you for your patience.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 36 (7,260 Views)

Hero

Going to mark @SimQARobo post as solution for visibility.

It's still an open issue that needs resolving quickly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 36 (7,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same bug, but I only notice just now and my oldest save have the bug... all my sims have lost their relationships...is there any hopes? I'm scared :o

Message 24 of 36 (6,938 Views)

Hero

Hi @Tryxie26

I'm afraid not. You will need to re-add them via cheats. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 36 (6,914 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

Update:

There's a patch today that addresses the issue with losing relationships after entering build mode from map view.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 26 of 36 (9,462 Views)

★ Guide

The patch has not worked for me. All relationships are wiped out. People don't know their spouses or their own children. I feel cheated and am sad.

Message 27 of 36 (6,646 Views)

Hero

Did they get wiped before the patch or after ? The patch will not be able to re-invoke already lost ones.

Do you have a backup you could try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 36 (6,642 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this bug after the second patch to fix this bug. I didn't open the game till after I installed Cats and Dogs, so it can't be from opening before the first patch.

I opened this save yesterday night. Bug happened even though I used load family from lot and didn't enter build from map.

So watch out, old saves can have still happen and without doing anything in my case at least. Married couples were not married, had to be introduced, etc.

Message 29 of 36 (6,596 Views)

Re: Sims have lost their relationships

Hero

Would you please provide your save to QA as instructions a few pages back

Did you loose them all or just a few ? Did you get any issues with error 102/122 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 36 (6,592 Views)