Re: Sims have lost their relationships since November patch.

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims have lost their relationships

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except 3 stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? I've just downloaded the new patch and my sims no longer have any relationships. I've removed MCCC, cleared cache and repaired the game and it hasn't worked. They don't know anyone including each other.
What do you expect to see? My sims' relationships.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Todays patch 07/11/17.

Some text to get rid of forum bug

Message 1 of 36 (3,451 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND/TO ADD] Sims have lost their relationships

EA Sims Team

Update:

There's a patch today that addresses the issue with losing relationships after entering build mode from map view.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 26 of 36 (9,464 Views)

All Replies

Hero

At what point did you remove MCCC ? Did you ran it at least once with it installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (3,419 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I removed it before running the game.

Message 3 of 36 (3,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I run my game with zero mods and have never had any. 

And now my toddlers can't talk to each other so my twins don't show up in each other relationships tab nor can interact.

Message 4 of 36 (3,401 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem after installing the update. I currently do not have an mods or custom content. I have all packs except four. Relationships between children and parents, spouses, etc. are lost. All Sims relationships completely erased. 

Message 5 of 36 (3,396 Views)

★★ Novice
Exact same problem. I have a huge generational family and noe nobody knows each other anymore.
Message 6 of 36 (3,387 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Stephhie13 @Jupeycat @solarafey @Sysomi

Would any of you be willing to share your save files?  (preferably with saves from before and after today's patch)

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 36 (3,367 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just sent them. I hope I did it right. Please let me know if I didn't.

Message 8 of 36 (3,342 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

Thank you @Sysomi !

Do you remember what you were doing in game prior to noticing that the relationships were gone?

Message 9 of 36 (3,270 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes. Right before the patch, I was making a library for them to have a sunday read time with my main household: Grandma, her son, his husband and their twin daughters. I had stopped right before their morning routine and moved over to the lot to make the library. I logged off in the middle of making the library, logged on and continued to make the library and check out the new roofs. About an hour later, I was done and when i went over to go ahead and send the family, they didn't know each other. At first, I couldn't click on my toddlers at all. I tried clicking from one husband to another and that gave introductions. I then checked their relationships and found they were all gone. I introduced them and they were strangers but married with the new marriage buff. I introduced them to the children and grandma and saw this post. I decided it was annoying but something that i could work around since i had poured months into this family and either other families to supply the stores, restaurant and other lots and play dates I wanted them to have. I just began cheating the relationships back to where they were and trying to fix my clubs and friends. That's when I noticed the sisters still didn't know each other. They can't click on each other. Ok. Cheat them. They have their relationship but they still can't click. They can play at the doll house together but still can't talk to each other. I tried the repair too. Nothing.

Message 10 of 36 (3,209 Views)