Re: [FIXED] Sims donating on their own

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims donating on their own.

★★ Novice

i've been having this problem regardless of which family i play as, the traits they have, their aspirations, etc. It happens quite frequently, almost every sim day and it isn't small donations - it's quite big ones (which sucks because my family only has 3,000 or so in the bank rn and she's donating 1,000 every so often.) I haven't made any of my sims donate, they just do it themselves - without prompting. Is this is a bug? Or-? I've read through a lot of forms and it isn't just me still facing it):

Message 31 of 36 (674 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 36 (663 Views)

Re: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] Sims donating on their own

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I made an account here purely to say I have this problem too and it's driving me insane!

I (very generously and not only for her blood) moved in a townie that didn't have a place to live on the map. She has the good, outgoing, and cheerful traits so no harm, eh? I should have known she'd be trouble when the very first action she did on her own free will was donate $100. =.=

I didn't want to play her as a Sim, so I have free-will set to max and I let her do her own thing almost 24/7 and she will use the computer to donate $100 at LEAST every other day. I've only recently started taking a note every time she does it, and she's done it just 12 times since I've started taking note just yesterday.

She now lives locked in a 12x10 room with a tiny bathroom and a cooler to survive on because I've had it. =.= Please don't let this bug get forgotten!

Edit: I have no mods installed.

Message 33 of 36 (619 Views)

Re: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] Sims donating on their own

★ Guide

I am adding a "Me Too" just in case this is a bug, but I have always thought it was intentional.  Granted, I have not had it in the extreme that seems to be happening in this topic...

I think I have had sims donate autonomously maybe a half dozen times (unless they are super sneaky and I don't see the pop up notification about it).  Every time they have donated a negligible amount to their funds and traits do not seem to be taken into consideration.  Also, I had one geek who would donate autonomously, then turn around and autonomously hack the Lothario Trust Fund (which always made me laugh).

Message 34 of 36 (603 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes it's still happening. My sims just donated $1000, which was over half of her household funds.

Message 35 of 36 (595 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [FIXED] Sims donating on their own

Hero

Sims will no longer autonomously donate money to charity.
  • But they still feel good about doing it.

This was addressed in Patch 1.32.1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 36 (2,630 Views)