[FIXED] Sims don't run autonomously over long distances anymore

by cosumeu

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't run autonomously over long distances anymore

★★★★★ Novice

begging for EA to notice this, and the whole autonomously insulting/yelling at eachother after the october 11 update.

sims 2 and 3 looking mighty fine right now

Message 41 of 46 (874 Views)

Champion

Bumping this to say still happening, still frustrating, still pretty much game breaking if you want to use packs like Island Living or Werewolves or even just want the collector aspiration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 42 of 46 (783 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have never been upset enough by a bug to chime in on these open issues, but this one severely upsets me. Digging up collectibles takes an entire sim day in one neighborhood now. This is an issue that causes boredom and frustration and for that, less desire to play the game. And yes I have also noticed it started after HSY released (removed mods, CC, literally everything [for nothing now, might I add, as the bug persists regardless]). 

Message 43 of 46 (734 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have just the base game and only recently started playing when it became free to play.  I've noticed this too, and am pleased to read it's not how sims 4 always runs.  Though this glitch is a minor one, compared to the social situation, which has gone to pieces since recent updates, or so I am led to believe.  This one is more funny, sims who have to pee really bad will literally pee in the street because they won't run home!  It's become a Joke in my house, walk there like the sims.  

Message 44 of 46 (678 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yep, I'm seeing this too. Luckily the sims that I've been playing all have a high enough fitness skill that I can have them "jog here", though I really do not want this to become a permanent thing because I'm so tired of problems not being fixed and just as equally tired of workarounds.

Message 45 of 46 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims will run while performing a Go Here interaction if the distance is long enough.
…and they aren’t lazy
…and do not currently have a buff that would prevent running..
Sims should also run from fires. Unless they don’t. Then they’ll probably just catch fire and run in place.

Fixed in Patch 1.93.129/1.66

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Be aware that the patch notes specifically mention the go here interaction. No clue how that affects NPCs jogging or Sims walking somewhere on their own. Please specific what you see when making a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 46 (2,915 Views)