[FIXED] Sims don't enter house after work if no command given

by Tigercat58

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't enter house after work if no command given

★★★★★ Guide

I've noticed this too, but it never occurred to me until now that it's actually considered a problem rather than being normal. O_O (I typically just manually send my Sim[s] indoors one way or another after he/she/they get[s] home.)

Message 31 of 36 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Guide

For me it's somewhat random which sims has this problem (though it's always the same ones that are buggy). Some of them act like they haven't realized they've come home (which honestly is a lot better than the old bug where the game didn't unlock their controls when they got home), while others run straight for the toilet or the fridge, or go to bed. Some of the ones that get stuck outside seem to be stuck in an invisible action and far too often I have to reset them before I can get them to do anything - especially my alien descendants have that problem.

Message 32 of 36 (1,115 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Has this issue been fixed? Or is there a mod to fix this issue? Cause I am having this now. Sim returning from work stays there (where they teleport out to work, and where they teleport back to the home lot after work), doesn't move or anything until they fall asleep on the floor, lol. Baffling to see this was reported back in 2017, tbh

Message 33 of 36 (910 Views)

★★ Novice

I hate "losing" in-game time (whereby Sims idle) so this has greatly bothered me lately! And this thread is old! SMH

I'm tryna find a script mod to fix it, but I wound up here. 

Message 34 of 36 (835 Views)

Champion

You know, I've noticed this too, and never really thought much of it? Only happens for adults coming home from work though - kids coming home from school go right inside and start homework or a game or grab food or whatever.

Now I'm trying to remember what my teenager did coming back from her part-time job... the thing is I never really just left my sims out there unless I was distracted by other family members and didn't notice they'd come home. But it did cause a problem occasionally when a baby/toddler would be returned from daycare and no one was there to take care of them, because they were down the block standing on the corner waiting to be told to go inside.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 35 of 36 (802 Views)

Hero

Sims who have finished their workday now get back to things sooner instead of sometimes staring off into space.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 36 (3,290 Views)