Re: [OPEN] Sims don't enter house after work if no command given

by Drashkael

Original Post

★ Apprentice

This has always happened to me too. It's becoming increasingly frustrating that it hasn't been fixed in a patch. It happens with every sim, in every save without fail

Message 21 of 36 (1,983 Views)

Sims won't use autonomy after coming back to lot after work?

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work,Dine Out,Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This happens when the house has a lot of family members, or if I have a lot play time in a household/World
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing The Sims won't use autonomy after come home from work. They'll stand in the spot until hungry, sleep, or needs are in the red. Then they use autonomy again until the next time they come home from work and repeats.
What do you expect to see? Idk maybe go read book, take care of hungry crying baby, play games, SOMETHING
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYXlEbXPnc&feature=youtu.be

Message 22 of 36 (2,088 Views)

Re: Sims won't use autonomy after coming back to lot after work?

Hero
This has been like this for awhile and there's another thread somewhere where they freeze to death cause they are in work clothing. Think there's another thread for that.

Need to check on this later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 36 (2,048 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I’ve also noticed this with my Drifter Challenge save (which is one of my current Let’s Plays). I can only control my main sim and her husband always stays outside regardless of the weather and I have to have my sim ‘call over’ to get him in the house. I don’t remember it being like that in the prior generation.  It happens all the time, so can be seen in any of my videos. He’s also not very good at autonomous self care in general, again much worse than any of my prior generation spouses, but I wasn’t sure if it was specific to this sim or something else. 🙂

Thanks and regards. 

Jennifer 

Message 24 of 36 (2,017 Views)

★★ Guide
I was noticing this as well.
I had a family of 6 Sims in an apartment, each with their own jobs.

When they came back from work, they'd just idle in front of the elevator as soon as they came back until one of their needs got low enough to trigger them to do something about it.
Once they actually get inside, they seem to do their usual things, watching movies, playing games, surfing the web, but as long as they're just standing there fresh home from work, nothing.
Thankfully at least they were "inside" as far as weather was concerned, but I'm also seeing this while playing as one of my house-living families, and it's really annoying.
Message 25 of 36 (1,992 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4 also. The sims just idle outside the house doing nothing for hours if you don't catch them when they get home from work or school. Even Vampires will do this and stand there burning in the sun whether coming home from work or school. The vampires will stand there and die or regular sims let their needs go into the red. The only time they don't idle is when they get the "run inside" from inclement weather.

Message 26 of 36 (1,951 Views)

Re: Sim stand still after work

★ Novice

all

Message 27 of 36 (1,879 Views)

Re: Sim stand still after work

★ Guide

This has got worse for me since Island Living – they've always stood outside for a long time but now if you leave them it's literally Sim hours, plenty of time to freeze or burn to death. It makes doing an ISBI challenge practically impossible. if there's no controllable Sim in the house to persuade them in with a 'chat here' or 'call over' they'll stay there until they die.

Message 28 of 36 (1,827 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing here. Haven't used any mods.

The thing is my house is build in the back of the lot, not at the front where they arrive from work. So it might be that? I'm too busy to try and place the house closer right now, but I'll let you know if I do and works.

Message 29 of 36 (1,775 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me too in apartments, they just stop in the hallway and their needs are getting redder and redder until you active the sim yourself. It's hugely annoying when you got a few sims!

Message 30 of 36 (1,645 Views)