[FIXED] Sims don't age/die

by Franstntn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims don't age/die

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi everyone My sim is stuck on age up in 4 days, i have just moved him in after getting married in the San Myshuno park and his bar has no green. When i use the birthday cake it says this sim is not eligible to age up. I have tried resetting the Sims 4 folder and repairing the game but nothing has helped. I can age him up in cas.fulledit mode but when he is an elder he will not be able to die naturally with this method. Has anyone else had this happen and been able to resolve it or is it just a case of waiting for the next patch. It is the same thing that happened when the Nanny was bugged so i am wondering if it maybe due to another hidden trait such as the chopstick savvy one which this sim has.

Message 1 of 47 (7,906 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't age up one of my sims

[ Edited ]
Hero

Further fixes for this in patch 1.34.18

Sims with the isWeirdo and isCityRepair hidden traits will now properly age if they have been added to your family…

I believe that's all of them so I'll mark this as fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 45 of 47 (6,654 Views)

All Replies

Re: age bar stuck

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Do you have the same issue with other Sims too or just this one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 47 (7,823 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crinrict, I have never used cc or mods and so far it's just this sim with the problem.I started a new save for city living. A single sim and then she married the sim with the age bar stuck.

Message 3 of 47 (7,817 Views)

Hero

She's not pregnant, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 47 (7,794 Views)

★ Guide

No it is a male sim with the stuck age bar (no pregnancy). Yes I've seen that with pregnant sims, there age bar goes totally green and starts glittering, is that a bug or did they change that and it is meant to happen?

Message 5 of 47 (7,787 Views)

Hero

That is a known bug.

Could you upload your Sim to your gallery and post the name here ?

I'll test him if I can duplicate tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 47 (7,781 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crinrict i have uploaded my sim to the gallery the name is Tanaka and my gallery name is the same as my user name on AHQ.

Message 7 of 47 (7,766 Views)

★ Guide

H Crinrict the glitch was caused by the new hidden isWeirdo  trait. When i removed it by putting testing cheats on and then typing in traits.remove_trait isWeirdo the age bar was set back to normal. Thankyou for all your help.

Message 8 of 47 (7,763 Views)

Hero

Moved this to the bug forum.

Pretty sure that shouldn't happen.

Thanks for the workaound

@Franstntn

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 47 (7,747 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 47 (7,711 Views)